Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hondasaretheshit

NEED HELP WITH ENDURO GEAR!!!!

4 posts in this topic

HEY FELLOW BRP RIDERS. I NEED HELP WITH MAKING A DECISION ON WHAT A GOOD ENDURO JACKET IS. I AM LOOKING FOR A JACKET THAT I CAN USE IN HOT AND COLD AND FOR EVERY DAY RIDING. I HAVE SEEN MANY DIFFERENT TYPES AND AM LEANING TOWARDS THE FOX OR THE TYPHOON ENDURO JACKET. PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVISE GUYS. I AM LOOKING FOR RED OR GREY AND BLACK. IF ANY OF YOU WANT TO SELL YOURS ALSO LET ME KNOW. THANKS AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL

I've started using a Joe Rocket sport jacket.

http://www.joerocket.com/ballistic3_jacket.htm

It has built in elbow, shoulder and back pads, is very tough and good looking. It has a zip in liner for chilly days and plenty of vents for hot ones. For dirt I wear it with my MSR goretex pants. For dualsporting I have the Joe Rocket pants that match and their boots. Price is right too.

I bought the O'Neal Typhoon jacket last week, and I am very impressed with the quality.

It is water and wind proof, has the zip out liner, and removable pads. The sleeves zip out to convert it to a vest. I wore my chest protector underneath it on Saturday with no issues.

This may seem funny, but another thing that I liked about the O'Neal Typhoon was that the graffics (of which I am a fan of none, bike jacket or anything) was stiched on, as opposed to screened to pressed, so I think that it will look better over the lifespan of the jacket.

I would rate this jacket very highly.

Brandon

Brandon,

Good to hear the jacket worked out well for you. I placed the order for the pads on Monday so they should be in any day. Unfortunately I will be out of town until Thursday so you should expect to see them around the 11th or so.