HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jasondemitri

Oil change help

9 posts in this topic

First time changing oil on a WR. Just baught it last week. I got all the oil drained, filter changed and Im wondering were to put new oil in.

Do I fill the frame and put a little in the case?

All in the case?

All in the frame?

How much does it take?

Any other tips, suggestions?

Thanls in advance,

First time changing oil on a WR. Just baught it last week. I got all the oil drained, filter changed and Im wondering were to put new oil in.

Do I fill the frame and put a little in the case?

All in the case?

All in the frame?

How much does it take?

Any other tips, suggestions?

Thanls in advance,

Did you not get the service manual with yours? Mine is an 05. Manual calls for 1.06 us quarts if you just change the oil. 1.16 us quarts if you change the oil filter too. Fill it at the case not the frame. Then run it for a minute and check the level at the frame (Do you know where that level check is? It has a dipstick on it.) When you check it you are supposed to unscrew it, wipe it then just gently set it back in there pull out to check. So long as its within the range you are good.:smirk: Get your service manual. IF you can't post a thread on here and see if someone has a copy they will give you.

for some reason my computer wont let me open the manual on the sticky. Mine didn't come with a manual. I was trying to get a quick tune up on it before I take it out for my first ride. I did find the dipstick, I just wasn't sure where to fill it. I just got rid of a DRZ 400 and you filled it at the frame. thanks for the info.

for some reason my computer wont let me open the manual on the sticky. Mine didn't come with a manual. I was trying to get a quick tune up on it before I take it out for my first ride. I did find the dipstick, I just wasn't sure where to fill it. [b]I just got rid of a DRZ 400 [/b]and you filled it at the frame. thanks for the info.

Now you can get rid of that avatar.:smirk:

Good call, even though the DRZ still has my respect as an enduro. If I ever move overseas I will probably get another one. It just didn't have enough power in the dirt for me. By the way, I finally got the manual to open.

What year is your WR. I have an '06 manual that came with my '07. Not sure what other years it covers. It's yours if you want it.

its an 04. I got the oil changed, new plug and cleaned the airfilter, but wasn't able to head out for a ride today. Maybe next weekend.

I wish I could ride mine, dam weather, -30c tonight and -34 tomorrow night, brrrrr, too chilly for biking.