HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bibleman

Would this oil cooler work?

8 posts in this topic

Thanks to whoever posted the link:thumbsup: Martinfan, do you think there could be a flow issue, i.e., too much restriction. I would imagine the smaller bikes it was supposedly designed for would have less oil flow. What I do like about it though is it looks pretty much indestructible.

I have looked at those before and have wondered the same thing.

The oil pump is a lobe type. These are positive displacement and give a constant flow at a given rpm. The pressure is only limited by leakage inside the pump. If there is no leakage inside the pump the flow is the same at 100 psi as it is at 1 psi. It will make what ever pressure is needed to pump it through.

I wouldn't touch that cooler with a 10ft pole. It is yet another cheap component coming out of China with little to no quality control. Look at how the phillips head screws are damaged in the pictures....that's a brand new part!

I think you would be better off with a more capable stacked plate or finned oil cooler instead of that cheap heat sink type.

I wouldn't touch that cooler with a 10ft pole. It is yet another cheap component coming out of China with little to no quality control. Look at how the phillips head screws are damaged in the pictures....that's a brand new part!

I think you would be better off with a more capable stacked plate or finned oil cooler instead of that cheap heat sink type.

+1

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR, AND WHEN YOU PAY LESS THAN SOMETHING IS SUPPOSEDLY WORTH, YOU PAY EVEN MORE IN REPAIRS

I liked the design, but it DOES look cheezy. I think I would look for something with a little more quality. If that thing let go you would be in bad shape.