HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

does it make a difference??

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I'm looking for a used XR650R. My question is are their any years to stay away from? From reading some posts here,i haven't found common problems associated with a certain year. Thanks for your advise in advance.:applause:

Hey guys, I'm looking for a used XR650R. My question is are their any years to stay away from? From reading some posts here,i haven't found common problems associated with a certain year. Thanks for your advise in advance.:applause:

They are all virtually identical, accept for graphics.

There was a clutch bushing update in 2002 I think? Other than that I can't think of any differences.

i have a 2000 and have two buddies with a 02 and 04 all have had them for a while they are great bikes havent had any major mechanical problems:ride:

I remember once reading that in like 04 or something they had slightly thicker engine cases. I dunno if it was a joke or not, or that it matters, but just a thought...

Just the pre 2002 clutch bushing replacement, if your running a stock carb use the 68s or get the eddie..........