All intending on being at Fremont for the April ride chime in.

What months look good for each of you?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What months look good for each of you?

• March
    • April
    • May
    • June
    • July

I say May as it wont be scorching hot and since i have a kid due late april too thats out for me for a long weekend and i wanna hang since its pretty close to my home for a nice weekend slapping people around LOL. TRUST me you dont want to go into June in the desert sometimes May is more than enough as we go camping in the desert every Memorial Weekend.

I'm all for a weekend camping trip, but keep in mind a couple of things.

The possible campsite location is just NW of Kramer Junction, which is the 395/58 intersection. Memorial Day weekend is going to guarantee two definite things. Heat and traffic.

The 395 is two lane highway that can have a lot of big rigs and RV traffic, and the 15 from Vegas south gets real nasty.

I'd vote for avoiding a major travel holiday weekend. Just a thought.

I'm all for a weekend camping trip, but keep in mind a couple of things.

The possible campsite location is just NW of Kramer Junction, which is the 395/58 intersection. Memorial Day weekend is going to guarantee two definite things. Heat and traffic.

The 395 is two lane highway that can have a lot of big rigs and RV traffic, and the 15 from Vegas south gets real nasty.

I'd vote for avoiding a major travel holiday weekend. Just a thought.

Ok, that makes sense. What dates do you suggest? Thats my only REAL chance in May.

DENN said hes having a kid in april. How about late MARCH?? Or even the first or second week of April. Can you swing that DENN?

I really dont like the mass of idiots that come out of there holes on BIG Vacay weekends.

Oh, every body, meet MF30 SENIOR! HARDCAR...

Welcome to the fold Hardcar.:busted: You're in good company here.

Although I don't know about that Martinfan30 character. I hear he's the type that only a parent could love. :worthy:

As far as my schedule goes, it's pretty much wide open right now. I'm good for anytime between March and May.

I have a few commitments, but my problem is that I don't quite yet know when they will be. :busted: Most likely a week in early April. I should have the weekends open though.

As far as the date goes, if it's early you don't know if it will be cold and rainy. Later on it can be hot. Wind can happen any time. About 15 years ago I was at one of the little dry lakes just behind Fremont peak. It was the second week of April and the temp was about 110!

Weather wise I think that the second or third weekend in March should be a great time to go.

July is an insane time to go there. I guess that you could sleep in the A/C all day and ride all night. I'm not part of the toyhauler/trailer/motorhome crowd so that's not for me.

CL, I'm with you on the dates. Late March looks like the best for most of us to hook up. We should set a solid deadline no later than 2 weeks from now. The 15th of FEB.

Maybe a meet date of March 21st thru March 24th?

We are not about the TOYHAULER crowd either. We typicaly go where no one is out here in NV. Although my dad will prob. bring his ToyHauler down.

REALLY looking forward to meeting some of you guys!

CL, I'm with you on the dates. Late March looks like the best for most of us to hook up. We should set a solid deadline no later than 2 weeks from now. The 15th of FEB.

Maybe a meet date of March 21st thru March 24th?

We are not about the TOYHAULER crowd either. We typicaly go where no one is out here in NV. Although my dad will prob. bring his ToyHauler down.

REALLY looking forward to meeting some of you guys!

I just realized that my anniversary is between March 27-29. Not sure which date, but it's one of those three and if I skip out on the weekend closest to my anniversary there might be a new plaque addition at the Husky memorial..... mine! :worthy:

March 28-31 is a definite no for me.

Speaking of wives, toy-haulers, and the comforts of home, I've got a question that might make the event more clear for some people and make it easier to plan.

Is this a family event where wives and children are encouraged and welcome, or a man weekend where there is going to be drinking, race level riding, and alcohol inspired campfire antics? You know, like who can create the biggest flame thrower by farting closest to the bonfire? :busted:

Personally, I'd probably bring the rib along, and my son loves riding his quad and would prolly be upset if I spent a weekend in the dez without him.

Hey guys, looks like a fun little weekend, I'll keep an eye on the thread and think about coming.

PS, my vote is for fart flame throwers, and other alcohol inspired antics, sploogemonkey, your kid needs to see that stuff early on in life...:worthy: pops had me filming tits on the river at 10, and I still graduated college...:busted:

Either way, it'd be a good time.

as long as its a few weeks before and after womans due date i should be fine, even if i cant bring my trailer i can still come up for a day since im prolly one of the closest to there. You dont have to worry about alot of rain in the desert, if its a rainy weekend nothing we can do about it BUT its not like March is a rainy month i say just plan it and stick to it, weather wont bother us most likely, IF NOT and we got mud thats more forgiving to skull drag the drunkest one thru anyways!! LOL DONT PASS OUT WITH ME AROUND!! HEHE

The possible campsite location is just NW of Kramer Junction, which is the 395/58 intersection.
Sploogemonkey - are you talking about the area around the Borax quarry backroad, or farther up around the bunker? Just wondering because just east of the 395 and a few miles north of the 58 there are also some good camp areas - easy access and close to Poleline Trail as well as trails to Harper Lake, the Pinnacles and of course the Husky.

Sploogemonkey - are you talking about the area around the Borax quarry backroad, or farther up around the bunker? Just wondering because just east of the 395 and a few miles north of the 58 there are also some good camp areas - easy access and close to Poleline Trail as well as trails to Harper Lake, the Pinnacles and of course the Husky.

When I'm in that area, I like to camp at Fremont Peak. Fremont Peak Rd is approx 13 miles north of Kramers Junction off the 395.

Where I camp is at the southern base of Fremont Peak about 7 miles from the 395. Cuddeback Dry Lake is right on the other side of the mountain to the north, and the Husky memorial is in the opposite direction to the east.