HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wr426rdr

What now?

9 posts in this topic

I bought an 08 WR450, about 3 weeks ago. I have done the following mods:

grey wire removal

exhaust baffle removal

airbox snorkel removed

adjustable air screw installed

installed GYTR AIS removal kit (jets, needle, etc) still have AIS installed

aluminum hot start knob (stripped plastic POS when i re-jetted)

bark busters

What other mods (somewhat inexpensive) can i do? pipe?

Stock bike ran like an 80cc, now I can feel the power!:applause: So much power that 1/2 mile into my ride with the new mods that i hit a steep rock, launched myself 8 feet in the air, and crash landed!:) I thought I must have busted something on the bike, and to my surprise, stood it up, hit the e-button, and was off again. This time, i was a little more carefull of rocks!:cry:

So much power that 1/2 mile into my ride with the new mods that i hit a steep rock, launched myself 8 feet in the air, and crash landed!:) I thought I must have busted something on the bike, and to my surprise, stood it up, hit the e-button, and was off again. This time, i was a little more carefull of rocks!:cry:

R A D :applause:

Some people drill holes in the airbox for fun.

Got my bike with two holes in the side and a chunk of black duct tape over it to seal it up again, the ductape kept lifting so I figured why not just open them up again, so I went and bought a couple of pieces of plumbing hardware that happened to just fit perfectly, and gooped several layers of color matched scotch brite (yeah, it's real high tech) into the holes to help as a pre filter for dust - it's easily rinsed and keeps most junk out of the airbox.

Tatla cost was less than 2 bucks - I think they sell a similar product for something like 15-20 a piece.

DCFC0011-2.jpg

I don't see the throttle-stop listed in your mods.

Other than that, i'd say you have enough power, just RIDE !! yeehaaaaaa

It's not usually inexpensive, but based on flying 8 feet into the air, I'd be thinking about suspension...

It's not usually inexpensive, but based on flying 8 feet into the air, I'd be thinking about suspension...

8 feet in the air might require a padded suit like one of those sumo suits ya know. That or smaller rocks.

a pair of tinted goggle may be next, so that i can see the rocks not hidden by the glaring sun! My brother saw me flyin, and was impressed, till he made it up the hill and saw me sitting on my ass next to the bike :smirk: All in all, this bike ROCKS now! My buddy bought an 08 KLX450, and this WR smokes it now! Stock, i was getting dusted, now, he eats my dust !