WPS Tail Light Wiring Help

Hello,

If anyone has a WPS tail light can you remember what color wire is ground on the WPS tail light? The running light works but the brake light just barely lights up brighter. I am pretty sure the wiring on my 2001 XR650L is:

green - ground

brown- running light

green/yellow stripe - brake light.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Hello,

If anyone has a WPS tail light can you remember what color wire is ground on the WPS tail light? The running light works but the brake light just barely lights up brighter. I am pretty sure the wiring on my 2001 XR650L is:

green - ground

brown- running light

green/yellow stripe - brake light.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

I had that same problem Lumpy, all I did was switch the wires around until the light worked properly. I can't remember the colors off the top of my head though.:applause:

if you have a multimeter you can check continuity from the center of the bulb socket (ground) to the wires till you find which is or switch around like turkey said.

Thanks guys. I took off the lense cover and looked for the ground wire. It is the black wire with white stripe for future reference anyone. =)

I went through the same proceedure. BUT make sure you have the running/brake configuration right. If they are wired opposite, you'll still get a brighter brake light but not as bright as when wired properly. Also, I put the stock bulb from the TV set in mine. It fits perfectly and is brighter. I don't know why the new light doesn't come with the bigger bulb:excuseme: