v force reeds?

ZERO! nothing as far as my '03 125 is concerned... and all this VF-3 mania gave me was a wet sparkplug and hard starting.... these so-called 4 petal thing aren't durable, they tend NOT to sit properly in the cage under frequent WOT and screaming revs. the stock reeds are better.

therefore, the VF 3 is a NO-NO with my blue 250... better allot a far cheaper money in head mod

ZERO! nothing as far as my '03 125 is concerned... and all this VF-3 mania gave me was a wet sparkplug and hard starting.... these so-called 4 petal thing aren't durable, they tend NOT to sit properly in the cage under frequent WOT and screaming revs. the stock reeds are better.

therefore, the VF 3 is a NO-NO with my blue 250... better allot a far cheaper money in head mod

I noticed this too Kiko.. I went leaner, cleaned it up a lot.. But I also noticed that there is always a small gap in the reeds when the bike is not running.. Doesnt seem to effect it though.. :applause:

Not so much more power but much better throttle response, gives the "seat of pants" feeling of more power.. :banghead: But worth retail??? Eh?? Money better spent on suspension :applause:

I just put one on my '02, and I have to echo the above post. I have an FMF Fatty and Shorty Silencer as well, but they've been on there for a while. The V-force certainly didn't hurt anything, and I gotta say (in contrast to what others have posted) my silencer has less spooge on it since I have the V-Force on there. I considered leaning it before I rode, but it's running very clean (although it was before too). ?

Also FWIW.....my engine is bored and stroked too.?

I had a Boyesen Rad Valve on my '05 YZ 250 and I bought a used '06 YZ 250 (6 hours on it) last year and it had the VForce3 on it, I am going back to a Rad Valve this year. I do know that the Rad Valve with the spacer added some low end grunt to the motor and also seemed to gain power thoughout the entire powerband.

Anyone want a cheap VForce for their YZ250?

Just bought a brand new Rad valve for the 05. I had one from an 04 and It always seemed better than the vforce 3 that I also have. The 05 valve is a lot different internally than the 04 so looking forward to trying it out saturday. Will post results.

Hodaddy, I think the fact that you are getting less spooge is because the increased reed surface area helps atomize the fuel more efficiently..

Who did your crank/rod stroker work??

Concerning the V-Force/less spooge theory...........could be. I can't think of anything better right now.

On the stroker............Vertucci Performance Equipment (VPE).?

Don't waste your money on V-Force Reeds. I bought them and the reeds did not seat properly. Because they did not seat properly, they caused the bike to run way too rich and it was constantly fouling spark plugs. I took the reeds out and put the stock ones back in and the problem went away. Buy a good pipe or other mod. I've had good luck with the DEP pipe. It costs a little more than the PC or FMF but then again it also works a lot better than they do. My 2 cents.

Don't waste your money on V-Force Reeds. I bought them and the reeds did not seat properly. Because they did not seat properly, they caused the bike to run way too rich and it was constantly fouling spark plugs. I took the reeds out and put the stock ones back in and the problem went away.

seems like we're not the only ones who had completely unacceptable outcome from this so-called high tech VF 3 reeds. i couldn't believe i spent US$245, including shipment, on that piece-of-garbage for my 125 ?

Buy a good pipe or other mod. I've had good luck with the DEP pipe. It costs a little more than the PC or FMF but then again it also works a lot better than they do. My 2 cents.

seems like there's a growing numbers of (johnny) DEP fans here.. and good thing i didn't take the full FMF set up once offered to me for my 250 ?

Hmmmm, I looked at my reed cage assembly before installing and didn't see any gaps at all. I'm curious about the inconsistency.

I'm not trying to stick up for them........mine came w/ a recommendation from a friend w/ a dyno, and he gave me a deal. I was going to try something anyway. I wonder if it's one of those instances where the dyno shows more of a gain, than the seat-of -the-pants does.

For full retail, though, they SHOULD give fantastically fabulous results, but it wouldn't be the first wonder gadget to leave one's hopes deflated.

ok, i found out the hard way about vforce in the snowmobile industry, they are not reliable for one. but more importantly they use the same design for every application they just change the manifold pattern and size it to fit. We have a dyno and on certain engines that had a poorly designed stock reed cage and reed petals the vforce showed a definite improvement, however stock reeds aren't so bad anymore so the vforce are not doing much esp. with a late model yz 250 you might even see a loss somewhere. Now for the rad valve, this is a good product each one is designed for the specific engine its sold for. you will almost always see improvements throughout the rpm range. they are also durable and not only provide you with a reed cage but an entirely aluminum intake vs. the plastci vforce. you will have to rejet usually down a couple on the main. don't forget i said the boyesen rad valve not just the replacement reeds in a stock cage i have no experience with those. i hope this helps good luck

ok, i found out the hard way about vforce in the snowmobile industry, they are not reliable for one. but more importantly they use the same design for every application they just change the manifold pattern and size it to fit. We have a dyno and on certain engines that had a poorly designed stock reed cage and reed petals the vforce showed a definite improvement, however stock reeds aren't so bad anymore so the vforce are not doing much esp. with a late model yz 250 you might even see a loss somewhere. Now for the rad valve, this is a good product each one is designed for the specific engine its sold for. you will almost always see improvements throughout the rpm range. they are also durable and not only provide you with a reed cage but an entirely aluminum intake vs. the plastci vforce. you will have to rejet usually down a couple on the main. don't forget i said the boyesen rad valve not just the replacement reeds in a stock cage i have no experience with those. i hope this helps good luck

thanks for the info. I will give the rad valve a try when the v force wears out. I hope I dont waste my money again.