Has anyone tried a 400ex oil cooler?

there kinda big and i think JEFF is referring to a XR400 cooler not the ex flat cooler? ive yet to see a thread on here about a 400ex cooler, that one u put up marting is my first, i cant see the pics but installing it would be hard i think. When i looked at mine this past weekend it looks to be roughly 8/9 inches long so finding a good spot to mount it where it wont get damaged would be pretty hard. I just looked at em last week and for like $15 you can get em all day.

No idea yet. :applause: Once I get a skidplate and uncork the bike I was going to start the process. I remember seeing a thread with an aftermarket cooler mounted on the right side in front and he fabbed his own guard. The smog pump bolt holes would aid in making a mount. Possibly between front forks, but the hoses would make me nervous. Once I get it I will start looking around the bike.

Will post updates and pics when done.

Here is the link of the bike that gave me the idea.

http://www.4strokes.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28835

dont worry about the lines not being totally protected. if you use the stainless hose with the right fittings there are other things you would need to worry more about. many people have ran the lines in the open, even up in front of the fender and i have never heard of any problems with the lines.

• 7 years later...

They seem to be going cheap on ebay. Has anyone done this or tried it? I may pick one up and try it out. Does anyone have one kicking around to measure?

I know this was a old thread, but did u ever put that trx400 oil cooler on your xr thx.

• 4 weeks later...