Flashing Headlight - HELP PLEASE!!!

Hi guys,

Any help with this one is greatly appreciated please.

I have a WR400 and smashed a blinker (left rear) out bush the other day. When you turn the right side on it works perfect but when you turn the left side on the headlight flashes as well as the front blinker. I replaced the bulb in the smashed one but the headlight and front blinker are still flashing but not the other blinker. I can't figure out why the headlight is flashing? ANyone heard of this / experienced this?

Thanks heaps

Jared

It could be the power and ground are touching inside the turn lamp where the bulb goes in, or where it was broken. The wires are pretty thin and could have been frayed or pinched together. A ground problem would affect all the lights about the same.

It could be the power and ground are touching inside the turn lamp where the bulb goes in, or where it was broken. The wires are pretty thin and could have been frayed or pinched together. A ground problem would affect all the lights about the same.

Duh ? I should have read the original post better. Yup, doesn't make sense it only happens on the one side (my problem was both) and not the other if it was just a poor ground. Something shorting makes more sense. Good call :applause:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your help on this one. Ended up (after hours and hours of looking for the short) being on the rear left indicator assembly itself. It was fine when the indicator was off and you were looking at it BUT when you screwed it back onto the bike it was twisting the wires within the indicator plastic and two little wires were touching. Had me stuffed for a while cause every time I pulled it off it looked perfect. Ahh the drama and time those two little wires cost me. On the + side i have a better knowledge of my wiring system now. Got all the other electrics working perfect while looking for this fault and also re-taped everything. Thanks heaps everyone. Cheers. Jared.