sticker residue

I agree. I had a trailer with stickers that I took off and I went the local A&B auto paint shop and they got me some sticker remover made by 3M. The stuff works awesome! Doesn't take any shine off the plastic. Comes in a can and you just wet a cloth and wipe the stciker glue off. If you want the official name of it p.m. and I'll get it to you. Best stuff I've ever used and a bottle lasts a LONG time.
Products like that and Acrysol are formulated for the specific purpose of removing stuff like oil and adhesives from finished automotive surfaces without doing any damage to them. That's why they work so well. They're an industrial/professional grade solution to the problem.

goof off

I had to get that stuff off of half my RV when I got it. We removed the decals. I tried 3m glue remover and it was ok but I find the only way to really get glue off is to let the gas or remover or whatever you use SIT on there for a while. I soak a rag with gas and let it sit on the glue and break it down for a few minutes. Grab a brush it comes right off. If you don't let it soak on there its still really hard to remove. I have done this a million times and its pretty messy but its easy. I then wash everything with simple green to get rid of whats left.

I find goo gone is a waste of money its just not strong enough.

Just saw this thread and there are some great suggestions. The only info I want to add is that please, please keep in mind that brake cleaner, carb cleaner and I assume Acrysol are very bad for you. If you breath that crap in it can mess you up - who wants to die early because they used a quicker sticker removal process? I had cancer at 21 and it was no fun at all, now I am extra careful. Read the back of the can on that stuff and it will scare you to death.

And don't think about using it in California, because it causes cancer there ha ha!

"Use with adequate ventilation". It's right on the label.

Just saw this thread and there are some great suggestions. The only info I want to add is that please, please keep in mind that brake cleaner, carb cleaner and I assume Acrysol are very bad for you. If you breath that crap in it can mess you up - who wants to die early because they used a quicker sticker removal process? I had cancer at 21 and it was no fun at all, now I am extra careful. Read the back of the can on that stuff and it will scare you to death.

And don't think about using it in California, because it causes cancer there ha ha!

Is it bad if I like the smell of acrysol lol?

Is it also bad that I use it for a zippo lighter fluid (works great btw)