Jumping a 650R?

Was waiting on those BWB links to the jumps :applause:

AMMO22...by work I assume you mean suspension work. How much do you weigh?

uh..."AMMO22"...you a 2W0X1 too?

I mean suspension work and practice. I weight 195lbs.

I am a 2W0X1! Sounds like your framiliar.

Yeah I'm Ammo up here at Creech near Vegas.

195lbs...same exact as me. To catch the stuff like you see on BWB's site you need resprung/revalved suspension.

Search: Precision Concepts, Barnum, etc here on the XR part of the forum and you can find the info. Stock the bike is sprung for a 170lbish rider.

Calling pigryder..... you're up:thumbsup:

Yo ferdinand you tellin stories again ?

Theres a private track near my house I ride the buck 25 at and thought maybe I should take the pig, I get there with the pig runnin a dunlop trials tire on the rear and a spectator says " that rear tire looks funny, I dont know if that'll work good here " pretending like I havent been riding here for the past 6 months I just knodded. And after a few laps of gettin used the pig on the track (alittle different than the buck 25) I began handing 450s asses to them and didnt get the chance to get any pics but was jumping everything including quading into the woops which only three riders do. Im tellin ya guys it was awesome, people where flippn out ? Im gonna get some pics this year as soon as the weather turns and post them up and this year its got a plate :applause:

The other side of the flying pig is that you do have to make sure your spokes are torqued right and you need to do one the the most needed right side peg fix. Check the peg reguarly it gets loose fast.

I fined that third is the gear to jump in, as second is hard to get the timing down on. I am talking 45' table tops and up. I don't pop the jumps with the 650 the same as a CR250. I am going a little faster and it's more of a steady launch then a pop. I find my limit at around 50~60' (18~20 yards, that is a lot of big steps) but, have flat landed the bike at 70' over clearing the down side to both the 55' table top and the 60' doubles or flat landing at the same thinking I could clear the 100' out back at the old third gear pinned. The bike does not handle that abuse well at all and nether did I. The over clearing is when I thought I would actualy do something in the air and wanted the extra air time to pull it off and when I had the helmet cam on and wanted it to look good, you can see my head bounce down from the hard hit. Now on the 100' I just didn't have the balls to pull the throttle as I rolled up to leave the planet. I can feel the weight saying no don't do this, somethings wrong. Not the same on a bike made to leave the planet.

I found a nice little jump today and it made me curious. How many of you jump your 650R? Are we able to "whip" with the size of our bike? How much "air" is availble to us?

Thanks guys.

My advice, don't try the triple....:applause:

Yo ferdinand you tellin stories again ?

Theres a private track near my house I ride the buck 25 at and thought maybe I should take the pig, I get there with the pig runnin a dunlop trials tire on the rear and a spectator says " that rear tire looks funny, I dont know if that'll work good here " pretending like I havent been riding here for the past 6 months I just knodded. And after a few laps of gettin used the pig on the track (alittle different than the buck 25) I began handing 450s asses to them and didnt get the chance to get any pics but was jumping everything including quading into the woops which only three riders do. Im tellin ya guys it was awesome, people where flippn out ? Im gonna get some pics this year as soon as the weather turns and post them up and this year its got a plate :applause:

I've seen you jumpin the L there too:thumbsup: