HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kirkster

07 WR450 with air box mod...

4 posts in this topic

Ok. I did the air box mod. But I am not all together happy about the amount of junk that can get in through the side holes. My DRZ had the snorkel removed but it never had any issues with water getting into the air box. It seems every time I go out I have collected lots of water in the air box along with a film of mud... I drain the air box and put the little cup back on and then repeat next time out.

Has anyone else tackled the side holes or maybe some air filter foam artfully placed over the big hole to keep some of the crap out???

panty hoes...is what we used on a buddies bike and it was night and day different from what used to get in and what didnt get in now!

I used a grey Scotch Brite pad. It keeps out the sticks and stones but doubt if it would do the same with water.

I used a grey Scotch Brite pad. It keeps out the sticks and stones but doubt if it would do the same with water.

Yea but it would slow things down and keep the water from shooting in and then down. So it would probably just drip down outside of the airbox...

Thanks for the ideas guys...