HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cheneyd3

Trouble in the Crankcase Please Help

9 posts in this topic

I have a 2002 yz 426f and when I was repairing my drain plug hole on the bottom of the crankcase I accidently knocked the heli-coil tang into the bottom of the crankcase. Wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to get it out without having to tear the entire engine apart.

I would try to flush the crankcase out, maybe you could use some diesel fuel or some cheap oil. Drain it into a container and see if the piece comes out.

How can I flush the engine with oil. The yz 426f gets engine oil in the frame then is pumped through the crankcase and sucked back through

How can I flush the engine with oil. The yz 426f gets engine oil in the frame then is pumped through the crankcase and sucked back through

Have you tried to use a small magnet?

Have you tried to use a small magnet?

haven't been able to find one small enough to fit in the crankcase drain hole

haven't been able to find one small enough to fit in the crankcase drain hole

Take a pick with a 45 degree angle or one with a hook on it (or even a small screw driver). Rub a magnet back and forth on the metal shaft and on the tip, and then fish out your piece.

Is it possible on your bike to pull the left side case cover off to get to the bottom of the sump? Shifter side? Remove cover, flywheel, stator if needed etc.

Is it possible on your bike to pull the left side case cover off to get to the bottom of the sump? Shifter side? Remove cover, flywheel, stator if needed etc.
Yes. You will have your best access to the sump and transmission area though there.