YZ lights..where are they?

Anyone running lights on their 07+ YZ. Thinking of switching from WR to YZ and can't find anything on stators for 07+ YZ's and associated equipment i.e. battery, wiring, etc. Any info will be appreciated. May just have to swap out the cam/exhaust on a new WR, re-jet and suck it up and live with the Wide Ratio transmission....:applause:

Cheaper to make a WR into a YZ performance wise than to make a YZ 'electric'.

Cheaper to make a WR into a YZ performance wise than to make a YZ 'electric'.
Might be, but neither is particularly cheap. Because the YZ450 flywheels are so small (they are a little smaller than your gas cap), aftermarket stators can't be made to put out much juice, and 55w AC is about the current limit. A full conversion to the WR flywheel/stator costs about $700 on an '06 or later, and it is impossible on an '03-'05 from any practical standpoint.

So, yes, it's really pretty simple to make a WR engine run like a YZ, but the WR still has the same fork the YZ had in '04, which costs about $600 to upgrade with a used set of '06 forks.

Then there is the transmission; close ratio on the YZ, wide on the WR.

There are other minor considerations between the two, like differences in the rear shock, air box layout, etc.

i dont remember the name of the company but my buddy had a prety nice batt powered light, lasted 2 or 3 hrs, was prety bright had a spot beam and a flood beam. not as good was a light powered by the bike, but certinaly much cheaper. and almost as good. it mounted to the bars had a batt that looked kinda like a water bottle, with a spiral "phone charger cord" looking cord. im sure someone can post a link i dont remember the brand.

Just a suggestion is to run Trail Tech HID helmet lights. Get 1 that's a spot and 1 that's a flood. Covers well. I use them while I ride desert single track and sand dunes. I use the battery pak and when that goes dead I can plug in to the extra line to my bike battery. Pretty sweet set up

Just a suggestion:thumbsup:

Just a suggestion is to run Trail Tech HID helmet lights. Get 1 that's a spot and 1 that's a flood. Covers well. I use them while I ride desert single track and sand dunes. I use the battery pak and when that goes dead I can plug in to the extra line to my bike battery. Pretty sweet set up

Just a suggestion:thumbsup:

Pricey isn't it? Like $500 or more?

cheapest solution is to have your stock stator rewound from Lake and Trail, or Moose has a stator too, but we're all waiting for it to actually come out. I got one from Electrosport. Regardless of which one, they all put out about 50 watts as Gray said. you can run a 35 watt halogen headlight and a 1 watt LED tail light (like baja designs), and that's about it. Horn if needed will need to be battery powered. Use led turnsignals also if needed - battery powered also.