HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RFBComp

Just picked up my 07 YZ 450f-Mod Time

14 posts in this topic

Was wondering if someone could recommend some good modifications for my bike....I do only trail riding and was thinking of the following.

Skid Plate

Brush Guards

Maybe New exhaust and silencer-Any recommendations?

Has 49 tooth sproket thinking of going to 50

Also this is my first 4 stroke anything I should know for up keep that is different than two stroke?

Taller bars,taller seat,Dr D full exhaust ,the best front tire,50t spocket,sag at 95mm,forks 5mm below line,rear axle all the way back,zip-ty carb mod,offset triples[debatable but I like them] and a skid plate for god sakes its frank and beans are hanging right out!

Jason,

Why do you need the best front tire? I have seen that mentioned a few times but I just assumed that the back would be more important.

BTW I am getting an 07 YZ450 this weekend as well. Right now I have the Promoto kickstand, Utah skid plate , Moose handguards, Moose fender bag, ASV levers, and magnetic oil plug ready to install.

Jason,

Why do you need the best front tire? I have seen that mentioned a few times but I just assumed that the back would be more important.

BTW I am getting an 07 YZ450 this weekend as well. Right now I have the Promoto kickstand (favorite addition ever), Utah skid plate , Moose handguards, Moose fender bag, ASV levers, and magnetic oil plug ready to install.

The bike needs a little set up to turn well compared to some other brands.If you are rideing moto on a harpacked track with alot of different types of turns you will notice a push like there isn't enough weight on the front tire.It takes a little more thought to go through the turns in stock form. However the bike is sensitive to small changes in adjustment. The best front tire for your conditions is a must on any bike.And the adjustments that I mentioned above sag ,rear wheel far back and raising the forks are to put more weight on the front wheel.

Buy a GYTR off-road flywheel. It is the absolute best mod I have ever made to my 07 450F. I ride trails and the bike tractors up hills and you use the clutch way less. Also, the bike won't die when it falls over or when going slow over obstacles. Put on the flywheel and it will be the best trail bike you will ever ride!!!

If I were you I would definately ride this bike first before making any changes. Not to say you can't make the bike better. That way you have something to measure the actual effectiveness of whatever you decide to change or modify. Chances are you might find yourself able to ride this bike fast stock!

Theoretically, the OP will have decided on what to do with his bike in the 9 months since he first posted his question.

Theoretically, the OP will have decided on what to do with his bike in the 9 months since he first posted his question.

I'm kind of stupid. you've proven it twice now.

I'm kind of stupid. you've proven it twice now.
Yeah, but your wife's cool.

Besides, you're not the one who dug it out of the archives. It's not that hard to get sucked into it once someone does that.

What was the other time?

Yeah, but your wife's cool.

Besides, you're not the one who dug it out of the archives. It's not that hard to get sucked into it once someone does that.

What was the other time?

Someone was having trouble bleeding their brakes. I tried to describe how to "gravity bleed" without remembering the term for the procedure.:thumbsup: The worst part is that the guy that I was trying to help was more than likely more knowledgable than me. I guess I just don't think before I type.

...The worst part is that the guy that I was trying to help was more than likely more knowledgable than me. I guess I just don't think before I type.
But you knew how to bleed the brakes, and he didn't. :thumbsup: