HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SCORPiON5150

YZ Bend Bars on XR650R?

12 posts in this topic

I have a set of brand new TAG YZ bend bars laying around and have been quite tempted to mount them on my 650R. My 650 has stock bars on it, which I am pretty comfortable with ergonomic wise. If I throw these YZ bars on is it going to give me really goofy ergonomics? Should I just pony up and buy a set with a different bend? Not sure what bend bars are even appropriate for an XR! I am 5'11" so not quite as tall as some of the guys here with the CR high bend, though I do like those on my CR500.

Suggestions? Experience?

i put higher bars on my XRR (Pro-Taper Wyndham) , felt much better, like a whole new bike. I'm 6'. I think stock bars are to too low and also bend real easy. I came off at abt 20 mph in soft sand my my stock bars bent.

i put higher bars on my XRR (Pro-Taper Wyndham) , felt much better, like a whole new bike. I'm 6'. I think stock bars are to too low and also bend real easy. I came off at abt 20 mph in soft sand my my stock bars bent.

I agree 100% the stock set-up is terrible! I've put the tall renthals(Jimmy Button bend?) with applied top clamp to move them way forward.

When your standing it won't yank you down. Ride any new motocross bike and they all are set up like this for a reason. I'm a product from the 70s'&80s' riding,so it was hard to adjust to the new way of "high and forward"on the bars,but it works!

I am experimenting with bars. I am waiting for a set I just ordered to see if I made the right decision. I am 6' 5. I have 1" block risers, 2 1/4" anti vibe risers, and tag cr double high bars. I like this setup, but it is a wee bit short. It will not allow me to extend my knees while standing. I researched bars and specs of all the bars I could find and compared. I ended up buying a set of 909 bars with the quad bend. The specs say is will be 1/2" wider, little over 1/2" taller, with less sweep than the tag x5 cr double high. There are so many different bars to go through, but if you look you will find what you want.

bars are like clothes, dont worry about who makes em or what brand or name is tied to them. Get the ones that fell the best to you!! If you wanna try the ones you got then go for it!! Just gotta find that bend you like, THEN youll have them on everything from then out. Me right now and for the last 15 years have been a CR high bend, theres others that are close and would fit me just as well but thats what ive had. Pro Tapers that get taken off when i sell a bike and go to the next.

Anybody know the specs (measurements) of the stock bend? I can find specs on most any motocross bike online, but no XR650R. It'd be great to know what I started with - then I could figure out what I'd like to change, and what bend to choose.

You really can't get a setup that is too tall on non motocross bikes. The taller the setup the easier it is to stand. My setup is 4" taller than stock and still not enough. I am 6'4"

There are 2 yz bends as i see one hi and one low, depends on which you have, tag werent stock so look for some kind of number or if it says hi or low on it and then i can tell you what specs are

There are 2 yz bends as i see one hi and one low, depends on which you have, tag werent stock so look for some kind of number or if it says hi or low on it and then i can tell you what specs are

I've got the specs on the TAG bars, I meant the stock specs on the XR650R's bars.

Sorry, maybe should have been more specific.