HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
konadog

Coolant leaking from head tube "99yz400f

5 posts in this topic

Sorry, I'm a newbie, Just got my yz400 and went for a ride, when I stopped there was coolant coming out from the tube which looks like it exits the head. Quite a bit of it. I just got a manual and was wondering if anyone has a idea??? It seems like a lot of coolant. When I got back home and checked the radiator, it was low

Thanks.

Is this the metal tube that connects to the coolant hose leading to the top of the radiator, or the small clear hose that is open at the bottom end?

I just read the manual and it is coming from the cylinder head breather hose.

frothy looking but definitely liquid and smells like coolant???

Sounds like the head gasket is gone. It's not usual to have a small amount of condensation gather in this tube in moist climates, but coupled with coolant loss, it isn't a good sign. If coolant is actually getting in the oil, it will be obvious by looking at the oil itself. Remove the drain plugs and watch for any coolant coming out as they are first removed.