HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TahitianRed

Lowering Fork Tubes

4 posts in this topic

( I should have said raising.)

I'm going to try some of the Langston YZ45F (oops YZ450F) championship bike tricks mentioned in MXA. I will start with adding a few links and moving the the rear axle back (although stock from the dealer is set back already) and then I may move the fork tubes up in the clamps 5mm.

Has anyone seen a cornering improvement after moving the fork tubes up in the triple clamps? Is 5mm a good starting point?

Depends. On my 06 yes it did improve. On the 08 worked ok on a tight arenacross track but i really didnt notice any major change. I moved them back down. Yes 5mm is good, dont go to high

I'm going to try some of the Langston YZ45F championship bike tricks mentioned in MXA.

What the #^*!, he won the 450cc Championship on a 45cc four stroke Yamaha? Imagine if he was on a 450! :applause: