XR650L kickstand safety bypass & removal

I like it when I put my kick stand down it kills the motor... :lol:

me too!:worthy:

I like it when I put my kick stand down it kills the motor... :lol:
me too!:worthy:

chit, i've got nearly a decade on both of u and i don't have any problem remembering my sidestand is down...or pull'n in the clutch...or put'n it in neutral :lol:

maybe all of that "mind expanding" :banghead: i did in the 70's wus gud for sumthing :busted:

:lol:

chit, i've got nearly a decade on both of u and i don't have any problem remembering my sidestand is down...or pull'n in the clutch...or put'n it in neutral :busted:

maybe all of that "mind expanding" :lol: i did in the 70's wus gud for sumthing :worthy:

U DA MAN!:banghead:

U DA MAN!:worthy:

HAHAHAhahaaaa...:banghead:

...wut ain't there can't break! :busted:

HAHAHAhahaaaa...:lol:

...wut ain't there can't break! :lol:

:banghead:

:lol::worthy::busted:

HAHAHAhahaaaa...:banghead:

...wut ain't there can't break! :busted:

Not a problem if you are a Macgyver type! :lol:

Everything has a reason! :worthy:

Honda engineers put it there, I'm keeping it! :lol:

Have any of you motarded fellows had an issue with kickstand length?

-How'd ya solve it?

Just follow the wires from the switch to the the plug that they plug into. Then you can put a jumper wire across the two pins that need to be closed. That way you keep the clutch switch. Works like a champ.

Did you push out the two wires with a small screw driver so that the switch remains intact? Then fab a small jumper wire using similar small spade contacts that you inserted back into the switch frame?

On my 93 I bought when they came out built a 730cc stroker was racing florida HS A four stroke class bypassed all that. And with my 24v starting system and dead engine starts we had to stand in front of bike. I would put bike in 2nd gear could jump on hit button without pulling in clutch start with throttle open be in first turn before the rest that was most on 600rs could even get off the line!

I jumped the clutch and kickstand switch on my new crf250l simply because there is less that can leave you stranded in the woods.  One race I worked there was 6 bikes that dnf'ed due to kickstand switches.  It would start in neutral, once you put it in gear, it would die.  Only thing I could think of for that to happen, I highly doubt 6 people with bikes w/ safety switches had bad clutch master cylinders.

At the very least people should know the quick and easy field bypass- ground both clutch switch wires and it's all bypassed!