piston or valves? help!

Hey everyone.

well I have a 95 xr 600r and I really love it being just about stock.

but i was riding ,and she starts to backfire on me and stop dead.

i check spark plug,gas,electrical.e.t.c.

i notice that the decompresor lever was stuck and have no compression on kick starter.

what do you think?

valves or piston?

thank´s for your help.

fast riding always.

Sounds like the decompression mechanism to me.

tank´s.

i will check that.

Check the cable routing. Sometimes the manual decomp cable is misrouted and will cause the decomp lever to be pulled just enough to kill the engine. Does the manual decomp cable need adjustment? Maybe too tight?

Sounds like the decompression mechanism to me.

+1

Roda o descompressor manualmente directamente na cabeça e vê se faz alguma diferença.Se não fizer terás de abrir a tampa das valvulas para ver o k se passa.

Boa sorte.

Da outra vez respondi-te mas fiquei na duvida se recebeste a minha mensagem ou não.

Vai dando noticias :applause:

+1

Roda o descompressor manualmente directamente na cabeça e vê se faz alguma diferença.Se não fizer terás de abrir a tampa das valvulas para ver o k se passa.

Boa sorte.

Da outra vez respondi-te mas fiquei na duvida se recebeste a minha mensagem ou não.

HOLY SHIAT can you translate please!!!!

HOLY SHIAT can you translate please!!!!

Well, kinda, with Babelfish this is what I come up with...

"Wheel the descompressor manually directamente in the head and sees if diferença.Se makes some not to make will have to open the cover of valvulas to see the k if it passes. Good luck. Of the other time I answered you but I was in doubts if you received my message or not. It goes giving the news".

+1

Boa sorte.

Turn manually the cam decompressor directly on the head cover and check if it makes any difference.If not you will have to pop up the valve cover to check it out.

Good luck.

The rest is a personal message:busted:

Portuguese is a pain in the ass aint it?:)

Well, kinda, with Babelfish this is what I come up with...

"Wheel the descompressor manually directamente in the head and sees if diferença.Se makes some not to make will have to open the cover of valvulas to see the k if it passes. Good luck. Of the other time I answered you but I was in doubts if you received my message or not. It goes giving the news".

These translators are funny as hell:worthy:

These translators are funny as hell:worthy:

YA! LOL!

Get it warm, disconnect the cable going to the decompressor mechanism, then get her started and ride. If you problem is gone then the mechanism was hanging up, if not, you may have a bigger problem. Shoot some Sea Foam on the mechanism to be sure it's returning to the off position. Could be if the cable is hanging up that it's binding when you turn the bars???