HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dldavis_66

Check out Me Homemade Pipes

28 posts in this topic

They perform...well...slightly better than the stock. I need to go to a dyno shop and get them tuned in a little bit. Maybe even need to mess around with the slide needle. Before putting those pipes on the bike ran kinda rich with the 165 main and Default DynoJet needle settings. Hard starts, plug needs to be cleaned. The exhaust ports are sooty black inside.

:applause: Those are BEAUTIMOUS!! Really nice.

Me wants one! I'd buy a set.... Seriously though, I agree w/ToXicD, so much of the XR aftermarket has disappeared. There is still a need for good AM XR parts

How much for a set of them there pipes??? :)

ARGH no pics from photobucket at work, have to see the bueaties tonight, think im missing out by the responses.

Very nice.

I wonder if more gains could be had with mandrel bends and a merge collector.

Other than that very nice. Might motivate me to bust out the welder and make some pipes for myself.

Very nice.

I wonder if more gains could be had with mandrel bends and a merge collector.

Other than that very nice. Might motivate me to bust out the welder and make some pipes for myself.

I was just thinking that too.

mandrel bends out perform anything else for sure...BUT I STILL CANT SEE PICS ARGHHH LOL

BUT I STILL CANT SEE PICS ARGHHH LOL

oh your missin out man! the pipes are pretty bad-ass...but naked chicks in the pictures are much better!!!!:applause:

oh your missin out man! the pipes are pretty bad-ass...but naked chicks in the pictures are much better!!!!:)

teaser...:applause:

mandrel bends out perform anything else for sure...BUT I STILL CANT SEE PICS ARGHHH LOL

No they don't. Foundry/casting sand works as good and/or better...cheaper too.

Okay...here we go...

How much for a set of them there pipes???

Uh...well...dunno yet. I bought about $500 worth of Stainless. The first 2 prototypes didn't turn out very well. Used up all the 16g x 1.25 of the first batch of tubing. Ordered some more 1.25 x 18g along with some 1.75 x 18g. Still got plenty of tubing left. The second time around was very successfull, obviously cuz of the pics.

Are they made out of stainless? It sure looks like it

Yes...304.

Oh and what did you do for the mounting flange at the head?

I basically mimicked the stock configuration. Used 1.5 x .120 . Had to flare the 1.25 a little bit to fit snug inside. Then I fused the 1.25 to the 1.50. Simple enough.

FYI I used wet beach sand (clean) on a mandrel-less bender. Only thing I had available at the time. Didn't too that bad a job. Foundry/casting sand would have been as good and/or better than a mandrel bend.