Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ifix

Tpered roller bearings for YZ 450 F 2006 (steering...)

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I'm modifing my pre-owned YZ 450 F 2006 and it will be a supermoto ( I hope...)

I'm trying to install a couple of fork plates from my old VOR (they are amazing..very wide and light and machined from a solid billet...) and is necessary to modify the steering axle. Can somebody give me the exact code of the bearings?:)

I can not read the lower bearing tag and I don't want pull the outer ring out becouse it's in very good condition. I will buy a couple of new bearings and I ask for machine a new axle (exactly like the Yamaha axle) but i'm not finding the lower tag. From Pivot Works it seems 30 x 52 X 16 mm but in Koyo catalogue it not present :applause:

Please help me...

best regards....

Luigi, Italy..

Hi guys,

I'm modifing my pre-owned YZ 450 F 2006 and it will be a supermoto ( I hope...)

I'm trying to install a couple of fork plates from my old VOR (they are amazing..very wide and light and machined from a solid billet...) and is necessary to modify the steering axle. Can somebody give me the exact code of the bearings?:)

I can not read the lower bearing tag and I don't want pull the outer ring out becouse it's in very good condition. I will buy a couple of new bearings and I ask for machine a new axle (exactly like the Yamaha axle) but i'm not finding the lower tag. From Pivot Works it seems 30 x 52 X 16 mm but in Koyo catalogue it not present :applause:

Please help me...

best regards....

Luigi, Italy..

The new bearings will come witha new race......they are a set. Knock the old ones out...its to easy not to just replace them. Also, yamaha has an updated steering head bearing for that bike. I'm not sure of the part number but its been posted a few times...you might try a search...

the upper bearing can be had off the shelf at the local bearing and industrial supply store, the lower is the exact same bearing, but the inner bearing dimension is 1mm larger I believe...

the upper bearing can be had off the shelf at the local bearing and industrial supply store, the lower is the exact same bearing, but the inner bearing dimension is 1mm larger I believe...
I seriously doubt that. It may be true of the old upper bearing, but the new one, PN 93332-00078-00, has a seal built in to the bearing that seals a against the race (cup).

As far as the lower bearing goes, that bearing (PN 93332-00081-00) has had a seal built into it for years, and is not an off the shelf item. Since either of these would have a manufacturer's reference number on it, it is probable that either could be ordered through most major bearing makers, but it seems the hard way around compared to just getting one from a Yamaha dealer.

Hi guys,

done!! I found it. The upper is 28x52x16 and the lower is 30x52x16...very cheap, I think, from an industrial warehouse but this bike shop get me a robbery : 33 € each one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will post you the pic of the modified bike,

thank you,

Luigi,

Italy...