HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OLDFATGUYRACING

wr450 jetting

6 posts in this topic

Hello, My buddy just put an mrd pipe on his wr450. The pipe is awesome. Now the bike pops and cracks on accel and decel. We are at sea level here in ill. What are you guys running for pilot and mains with an aftermarket pipe? thanks for the help. OFG

Hello, My buddy just put an mrd pipe on his wr450. The pipe is awesome. Now the bike pops and cracks on accel and decel. We are at sea level here in ill. What are you guys running for pilot and mains with an aftermarket pipe? thanks for the help. OFG

Spend some time reading through some of the stickys at the top of the forum. Here is a link to one for jetting. But first you will need to find out what jets you are running now to get a baseline.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=411240

Keep in mind, the bike may well of been popping and such with the stock pipe but it may of muffled it out. Typically, a change in pipe does not increase decel popping unless the pipe is poorly mounted and has a leak.

On occasion, getting the jetting exactly correct can help reduce the popping.

Thanks guys, the smog stuff is gone, 48 PILOT, STOCK MAIN, whatever that is, I will know today. I am reading the stickys now. OFG

Stock main is 162. you're gonna want a bigger one...170? 175? Make sure the airbox restrictor and gray wire are done, too. Oops, I'm assuming it's an '07 now. I'm sticking with it.