HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brtp4

XRL USD Conversion: steering stop question (stock CRF triples)

6 posts in this topic

OK, I have almost all parts for a USD conversion on my XR650L, but have a question. I am using the stock 2007 CRF triples and Emig stem. What I would like to know is what exactly have all you done for the steering stops?

Pics would help also.

BP

Absolutely nothing the steering stop welded to the head tube worked out perfectly on my conversion and it lined up with the stops on the CR triples.

Absolutely nothing the steering stop welded to the head tube worked out perfectly on my conversion and it lined up with the stops on the CR triples.

RJ,

What front wheel and rotor did you use?

BP

The stop on RJ's bike look factory. Very nice.

Im running 90-91 CR500 USD forks and the stops match up perfectly. Here is my bike

forks002.jpg

forks001.jpg

019.jpg

021.jpg

I have seen guys who use the CRF clamps, completely grind away the stops on the clamps, then drill/tap, then add allen head bolts either side as frame stops. I like RJ's method better :applause: