YZ426F gearing for a street, dirt, xc, adventure, you name it bike.

I hear that stock gearing on the 426 is 14/49. I searched and found a threat where several guys were saying that there 426 topped out at 75 mph bone stock. I had a banshee that i radared at 80mph before and my 426 doesnt seem neerly that fast. Anyways, Im building this bike into a street legal machine. A lot of my riding will be 55-60mph. But I also enjoy riding trails. I dont want too long, but not too short either ya know. When i get home this weekend i will make sure the gearing is stock but i can almsot bet that its shorter than stock right now. SHould i go up to 15 or 16 in the front? Or lose some in the back? Anybody have similar setups on the road?

A stock geared YZ426 would hit 80 at 10k in 5th, 92 at the rev limit, and be turning about 7500 at 60 mph.

This assumes perfect traction, however.

i use 14/44 on my supermoto, and on the back straight of the track, im passing people on the adjacent highway. if youre commuting, maybe even taller would be better.

i use 14/44 on my supermoto, and on the back straight of the track, im passing people on the adjacent highway. if youre commuting, maybe even taller would be better.
What's the rear tire outside diameter with the 17's?

havent done the math, the rear is a 150/60 tire.

i shoulda mentioned that though. heheh.

grey: always on top of things. :applause:

That comes close to being a wash if the tire is 24". You're about 1 mph over stock.

if your riding both trail and supermoto, your best bet would probably be to find a happy medium for your rear sprocket, and get a few front sprockets to change out. its definately the easiest way

I think im gonna go up to 15 or 16 in the front first and see how i like it.