Baja Kit Installed...NO Back brake!!!! Pls help!

I installed the Baja Kit from Baja Designs. All went well, except, I have NO back brake now!!!!

I bled the brake per the instructions, never letting the resrvoir run to low and now I have nothing. The brake does not feel "spongy" like there is air in the system. It feels like it did before I installed the new brake sensor, without the braking. :applause:

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks!

I installed the Baja Kit from Baja Designs. All went well, except, I have NO back brake now!!!!

I bled the brake per the instructions, never letting the resrvoir run to low and now I have nothing. The brake does not feel "spongy" like there is air in the system. It feels like it did before I installed the new brake sensor, without the braking. :applause:

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks!

More info needed:

Can you pump the pedal to get brakes?

Is the pedal lower?

Is there any brake at all?

How long did you bleed?

If it is not spongy, then what is it?

I think you just have not bleed enough. It takes about 30 minutes of pumping/releasing.

The pedal doesn't seem lower. I have VERY little to no brake. I bled the brakes for about 10-15 minutes max until I felt I had pumped the old brake fluid out.

Maybe you're right, maybe I should bleed it again for longer this time.

I thought that maybe I missed a step when installing the Brake Sensor which requires the removal of the "banjo bolt" (I think that is what it's called)

I just installed my B/D kit last weekend and had to bleed the brakes as well. I spent a good 30min at least and went through over half of a bottle of fluid before I couldn't see any more air bubbles. One thing I did that seemed to help a little was to not follow the Baja instructions on bleeding. I started out using them, but then I started doing it like I would if I were bleeding the brakes on a car.

open valve

push brake lever completely down

while still holding lever down close valve

release lever

Just keep and eye on the resevoir if you do it like this because it will drink the fluid a little faster.

By closing the valve when the lever is down it only allows fluid to flow in one direction when you release the lever...and that's from the resevoir to the master cylinder. If you leave the valve open when you release the lever and watch the fluid in the clear hose they supplied you will notice that it's trying to pull a little fluid out of it. And you know what's in the fluid between the master cylinder and the caliper...air bubbles. It just made more sense to me to keep everything flowing in one direction.

I just installed my B/D kit last weekend and had to bleed the brakes as well. I spent a good 30min at least and went through over half of a bottle of fluid before I couldn't see any more air bubbles. One thing I did that seemed to help a little was to not follow the Baja instructions on bleeding. I started out using them, but then I started doing it like I would if I were bleeding the brakes on a car.

open valve

push brake lever completely down

while still holding lever down close valve

release lever

Just keep and eye on the resevoir if you do it like this because it will drink the fluid a little faster.

By closing the valve when the lever is down it only allows fluid to flow in one direction when you release the lever...and that's from the resevoir to the master cylinder. If you leave the valve open when you release the lever and watch the fluid in the clear hose they supplied you will notice that it's trying to pull a little fluid out of it. And you know what's in the fluid between the master cylinder and the caliper...air bubbles. It just made more sense to me to keep everything flowing in one direction.

:applause:

This is the sure fire method; it's slow, painful, and effective.

When I replaced the brake fluid in my xrr a few months ago i remember having to take a long time to bleed the rear brake. I've done dozens of car brake jobs and one hydraulic clutch....i think it took longer to get all the air out this bikes stupid rear brake than in all those other jobs!!! :applause: