Happy Tenth!

Ten years ago today I bought one of the first YZ-400F that came into the Atlanta area. Got it at Metro Cycles where I paid full pop cause of the waiting list.In fact they told me the one that came with mine was put on the plane to Yamaha of Brazil.Read the mags and decided it was time for a change from the ring dings(plus I needed a excuse for not going for the 60 footers).No problems except normal wear and tear. Its been like a rock(sorry Chevy and Bob Segar).Heres hoping it keeps going and going(sorry Energizer bunny)! Kudos to Yamaha and Doug Henry for what they wrought!

that's cool wolfman.... i have a 99 yz400f that i have had for a year now... got all the original paperwork and manual. do you remember how much it was????

btw welcome to tt... the best site for our thumpers !!!!

Ten years ago today I bought one of the first YZ-400F that came into the Atlanta area. Got it at Metro Cycles where I paid full pop cause of the waiting list.In fact they told me the one that came with mine was put on the plane to Yamaha of Brazil.Read the mags and decided it was time for a change from the ring dings(plus I needed a excuse for not going for the 60 footers).No problems except normal wear and tear. Its been like a rock(sorry Chevy and Bob Segar).Heres hoping it keeps going and going(sorry Energizer bunny)! Kudos to Yamaha and Doug Henry for what they wrought!

I bought one also Wolfman....been hooked ever since....Everyone laughed at me for buying the first real 4stroker MXer......I remember all the noise everyone had regarding these vs 2smokes.....in 1999 and there after......

Got mine in Dalton Ga. at SYD

Funny now they are 10 years old and soon to be ready for Vintage Class (in a few more years)

Welcome aboard to TT

I bought myself a 99 Y400F last year and I love it!!!!!!!!

I just cant believe a bike like mine is going to be considered a vintage bike soon!!!!

Long live the YZ400Fs!!!!!!!!!:applause::):cry:

Patrick M.

mine too!!! woo woo...happy bday yami!

198191502_gmF7V-S.jpg

currently back to dirt form, and my 426 is the SM machine now.

i have to say they got it right the first time with the 400s!

Why the change to 426 then 450. Why not straight to 450?

good question. but i remember looking up the mfg specs comparing 426-450 and if i recall correctly, it read the 426 with 50.4HP and the 450 with 50.1.

ill see if i can find where i saw it at. and of course, the 426 is heavy in comparison.