HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BASSic

Quiet exhaust without giving up low end power

5 posts in this topic

I'm looking into either a Dr.D with a quiet core or a FMF Q2 silencer for my 01 YZ426.

I currently have a Thunder Alley pipe and I love the low end power, but it's too loud. My riding buddies can't tell if their bikes are running or not when I'm around.

Is it possible to quiet it down, without sacrificing that low end power that I've learned to love? What are the pros/cons for the Dr.D with quiet core and FMF Q2?

Is it possible to quiet it down, without sacrificing that low end power that I've learned to love? What are the pros/cons for the Dr.D with quiet core and FMF Q2?

The open DRD pipe is significantly quieter than the Thunder Alley is (<99db). According to DRD, though, they don't recommend using the quiet core full time, because the packing life gets to be pretty short.

Well I'd like to stay within 96dB. It's not an issue where I ride now, but it may be in the future. From what I understand, the Q2 meets this requirement. What would it do to my low end power?

The FMF Q was the only way to get my YZ426 at or below 96db. After jetting the FMF Q will still have the low to mid power of the stock pipe. I do not know what power loss you will have from a Thunder Alley.

The FMF Power Bomb will also help give you more low end power.