07 stock tank

I am getting a little worried with a race coming up this weekend. I did a search and read tons of contradicting things on how many miles can be made on a stock tank. I have a 168 main and all the free mods. I still tend to ride the bike a bit like a two-stroke and the race this weekend should consist of lots of wet sand. I ended up breaking all my spokes at the last race (first on this bike) and the odo was at 40 miles. After I got a new wheel on and went to start it, the bike had to be on reserve to start (i had it on reserve from the start of the race). I have to be able to make a 55 mile loop. What do you guys think?

rbn, I'm in the same boat as you (i.e. stock tank for this wkend with same jetting - 168 main, JD blue #3 and 48 pilot to be exact). I hit reserve at 42 miles riding Nightingale a few wks ago. There was a bit more snow, but I'm not confident about getting the next 13 on Sunday. According to the manual, the tank is 2.11 gal total - of which reserve is only .29 gal. :applause: That equates to 42 miles in 1.82 or roughly 23 mi/gal, which means about 6.7 more on reserve at that rate (if my public math is correct here). As much as I hate to do it, I'm planning on staging fuel at the alt gas / 30 mile mark - I'd hate to flame out a few miles short. These longer loops are making that IMS tank look better and better all the time... Good luck and thanks for the reply in the desert tire thread - I'll look for you this wkend. Mark

Ya your math is right and I think we would be lucky to even get that far. I was planning on getting an IMS tank anyway but was waiting for that tax return!!! I hate using alt gas so I ordered my tank from RMS this morning... it's just money right...

See you at the races, Should be great!!!

Robby

You won't do 55 miles at race pace on a stock 07' tank.... sad but true:thumbsdn:

I am getting a little worried with a race coming up this weekend. I did a search and read tons of contradicting things on how many miles can be made on a stock tank. I have a 168 main and all the free mods. I still tend to ride the bike a bit like a two-stroke and the race this weekend should consist of lots of wet sand. I ended up breaking all my spokes at the last race (first on this bike) and the odo was at 40 miles. After I got a new wheel on and went to start it, the bike had to be on reserve to start (i had it on reserve from the start of the race). I have to be able to make a 55 mile loop. What do you guys think?

My set up is similar and I get anywhere from 42-55 miles out of a tank:thumbsdn: