Yet another happy Rekluse customer!

I had to pass this on....I put off the purchase of a Rekluse for some time now. My first few rides have been incredible! I know this is not a new topic, but if you are considering this purchase...cause it is not cheap, go for it! I love mine!!!! One more thing, for us off-road guys the rear hand break is a great pruchase too!:applause:

• 1 month later...

I rode a CRF250X last weekend that had the Rekluse Z-start clutch...now I gotta have one for my WR. From what I see and read, I won't need the perch adjuster for my bike. I'm gathering that's one of the major reasons to go with the Pro model.

Can anybody give me any personal experience input on whether I should go Z-start or pro?

I rode a CRF250X last weekend that had the Rekluse Z-start clutch...now I gotta have one for my WR. From what I see and read, I won't need the perch adjuster for my bike. I'm gathering that's one of the major reasons to go with the Pro model.

Can anybody give me any personal experience input on whether I should go Z-start or pro?

I have had both and the Pro model is absolutely worth the money. It allows completely normal manual clutch operation if you want to ride it that way, or you can just let the Rekluse take care of it. :prof:

I have had both and the Pro model is absolutely worth the money. It allows completely normal manual clutch operation if you want to ride it that way, or you can just let the Rekluse take care of it. :prof:

I agree. I'm glad I got the perch adjuster. If you flame out on a hill climb it allows you to give it a couple of BRAAAPS to clear it out before finishing the climb.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when I look at the Rekluse application document (see link below), it appears that WR's prior to '05 do not require a perch adjuster...at least it doesn't look like one is available. It's not that I don't want to buy the best product, just don't want to spend more coin than I have to right now.

http://www.rekluse.com/web_app_chart.pdf

Slightly off topic but I yesterday got a call from a friend who just bought a used XR 650 with a Rekluse clutch. I have been telling him how great mine was. He's not very mechanicaly inclined, but went off alone on a ride to try it out. Apparently he shifted up to 5th and just left it there and rode. He was under the impression that it also some how shifted the transmission for him! After a few miles of riding up hills, starts, stops etc. the bike would no longer move and his cases felt very hot. He had to walk out ten miles to get a ride home to get his truck. I'm helping him put in new clutch pack this weekend and now he know that it's only and automatic clutch, not transmission.

i have a Rekluse Z-start for my 05 WR450 (and love it) i'm wanting to get the pro for my 08 WR450 but i can only find the pro listed for the YZ, dose anyone know if they make the pro for the 08 WR450?

I have used many Rekluse auto clutches on my own bikes over the years. And I've installed many on my costumers bikes with great positive feedback. I just put the Rekluse Pro on my 04 WR450 and I absolutley love it! It just makes riding it in the tight woods a pleasure.:prof: One of the best mods you can do to your WR.

i have a Rekluse Z-start for my 05 WR450 (and love it) i'm wanting to get the pro for my 08 WR450 but i can only find the pro listed for the YZ, dose anyone know if they make the pro for the 08 WR450?

The Rekluse Pro part number RMS873 will fit the 07-08 WR450F.

https://ssl4.westserver.net/rekluse.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_79_25_36&products_id=79&osCsid=bc93a0158729e3dc1973bfe7b56767c3