Guts Racing Seat

So I want to put a tall seat on my 07 WR450. Guts seems to be the seat of choice but I'm at a loss whether to get the medium or the hard density foam. I'm looking for something just a little softer than the stocker. What does everyone else out there have ? Recomendations :applause:

I got the stock height, Med. compound. It is just right for my 32" inseam. And not too soft.

G2

i got a guts tall seat on my 07 wr and i wanted somethink a little softer too so i got the medium but found it to be as hard if not a little harder then the stocker so much that i got a soft one now and it's nice

I'm 6'4" and run a tall Guts seat with soft foam and there competition seat cover. When I first ordered it I was reluctant to get the soft foam because I thought it would compress to much and you would give up some height. That's not the case. The soft seat foam is just a little softer than stock.

I have the same set up as speedracer & I think it's a just little on the soft side but not so much that I am going to replace it. I am 6'3" and overall happy with it but whatever you do - avoid their "hardcore gripper" cover, it used to be a good cover but they cahnged materials and now it is anything but hardcore, I just put on one of their "competition" covers and after one ride I am impressed with it already and I am confident it will hold up a lot better :applause:

I put on the tall soft. I'm 6' 190 and I wouldn't want it any harder that's for sure.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I would have thought the soft was too soft but now I know it's the way to go :applause:

Thanks for the feedback guys. I would have thought the soft was too soft but now I know it's the way to go :)

It's a preference thing, some guys have commented in other threads and a few guys a ride with that it is too soft for them but I don't think you'll be dissapointed either way :applause:

Good info in here:applause:

I just ordered the comp. cover and stock height soft foam.

How hard is it to get one on right? If it's cheaper and easy, I'll buy a staple gun and do it myself... or am I better off taking it to an upholstery shop?

Good info in here:applause:

I just ordered the comp. cover and stock height soft foam.

How hard is it to get one on right? If it's cheaper and easy, I'll buy a staple gun and do it myself... or am I better off taking it to an upholstery shop?

I shipped my stock seat base to guts and they installed the new cover and foam for free. Give Guts a call. It should only cost you a few bucks to ship the base.

I don't think I could handle the downtime:crazy:

it is a pref thing. I am happy with the medium. I rode a soft that a friend has. It was too soft to me. I'll say that the medium is just a little softer than the stock.

G2

If you have T-50 Heavy Duty staple gun, some 1/4" T-50 staples and some patience you can do it in about an hour maybe more. Guts provides good instructions but unless you are again, a patient person and not anal it ends up looking good and will stay forever. I found that the staple gun I have does not sink the staples in all the way and I have to back over them and and kind roll them in with the heel on a plier or something.

I've done 5 seats like this from Guts and each time I say to myself "Self - next time take it 10 minutes down the road to the upholstery shop, for $20 they'll probably have it on there way better than you could do it and in less than 1/2 the time"... but I always seem to forget:bonk:

08 wr 250 tall,soft.Im 6ft 185.

i got the medium guts seat. im about 200 lbs. much more comfortable than stock. Craftsman makes a staple gun, You push the handle down towards the front, Not towards the back like most. It will push 1/4 and 5/16 staples all the way in the plastic seat base

6'2" 185 lbs. Got the GUTS "medium-soft" tall seat (competition).

I like it. If you call GUTS you can have them make the foam to whatever consistency you want. Some of the guys I ride with love their tall/soft foam, but it was too soft for me - like a La-Z Boy recliner.

Also, a side note, I am not impressed with the quality of the material they used for the competition gripper material. It is very thin, and mine tore after only a month of riding. I sewed it back up where it ripped and it has been fine ever since, but I think the seat cover thickness and quality have declined over the past several years.