HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tribalbc

Guts Racing Seat

16 posts in this topic

So I want to put a tall seat on my 07 WR450. Guts seems to be the seat of choice but I'm at a loss whether to get the medium or the hard density foam. I'm looking for something just a little softer than the stocker. What does everyone else out there have ? Recomendations :applause:

I got the stock height, Med. compound. It is just right for my 32" inseam. And not too soft.

G2

i got a guts tall seat on my 07 wr and i wanted somethink a little softer too so i got the medium but found it to be as hard if not a little harder then the stocker so much that i got a soft one now and it's nice

I'm 6'4" and run a tall Guts seat with soft foam and there competition seat cover. When I first ordered it I was reluctant to get the soft foam because I thought it would compress to much and you would give up some height. That's not the case. The soft seat foam is just a little softer than stock.

I have the same set up as speedracer & I think it's a just little on the soft side but not so much that I am going to replace it. I am 6'3" and overall happy with it but whatever you do - avoid their "hardcore gripper" cover, it used to be a good cover but they cahnged materials and now it is anything but hardcore, I just put on one of their "competition" covers and after one ride I am impressed with it already and I am confident it will hold up a lot better :applause:

I put on the tall soft. I'm 6' 190 and I wouldn't want it any harder that's for sure.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I would have thought the soft was too soft but now I know it's the way to go :applause:

Thanks for the feedback guys. I would have thought the soft was too soft but now I know it's the way to go :)

It's a preference thing, some guys have commented in other threads and a few guys a ride with that it is too soft for them but I don't think you'll be dissapointed either way :applause:

Good info in here:applause:

I just ordered the comp. cover and stock height soft foam.

How hard is it to get one on right? If it's cheaper and easy, I'll buy a staple gun and do it myself... or am I better off taking it to an upholstery shop?

Good info in here:applause:

I just ordered the comp. cover and stock height soft foam.

How hard is it to get one on right? If it's cheaper and easy, I'll buy a staple gun and do it myself... or am I better off taking it to an upholstery shop?

I shipped my stock seat base to guts and they installed the new cover and foam for free. Give Guts a call. It should only cost you a few bucks to ship the base.

it is a pref thing. I am happy with the medium. I rode a soft that a friend has. It was too soft to me. I'll say that the medium is just a little softer than the stock.

G2

If you have T-50 Heavy Duty staple gun, some 1/4" T-50 staples and some patience you can do it in about an hour maybe more. Guts provides good instructions but unless you are again, a patient person and not anal it ends up looking good and will stay forever. I found that the staple gun I have does not sink the staples in all the way and I have to back over them and and kind roll them in with the heel on a plier or something.

I've done 5 seats like this from Guts and each time I say to myself "Self - next time take it 10 minutes down the road to the upholstery shop, for $20 they'll probably have it on there way better than you could do it and in less than 1/2 the time"... but I always seem to forget:bonk:

i got the medium guts seat. im about 200 lbs. much more comfortable than stock. Craftsman makes a staple gun, You push the handle down towards the front, Not towards the back like most. It will push 1/4 and 5/16 staples all the way in the plastic seat base

6'2" 185 lbs. Got the GUTS "medium-soft" tall seat (competition).

I like it. If you call GUTS you can have them make the foam to whatever consistency you want. Some of the guys I ride with love their tall/soft foam, but it was too soft for me - like a La-Z Boy recliner.

Also, a side note, I am not impressed with the quality of the material they used for the competition gripper material. It is very thin, and mine tore after only a month of riding. I sewed it back up where it ripped and it has been fine ever since, but I think the seat cover thickness and quality have declined over the past several years.