Help Identify A Chain

Ok guys, so I bought an 01 426 about 5 months ago and the guy tha I bought it from put the clip on the master link on backwards so that a rock could pop the clip off. I rode it untill now and would like to get a new link and clip. So I know the chain is an RK and it has o-rings but do not know if it is an x ring or just an o-ring chain. There is a number engraved into the chain and it is either X501 or Xs01. Most likely X501 though is what it looks to me. Any imput on what chain this is will be much appreciated. Thanks all.

Just pull the existing master link off and look at it ... The differences between an O-Ring and an X-Ring are pretty apparent ...

Just pull the existing master link off and look at it ... The differences between an O-Ring and an X-Ring are pretty apparent ...

Correct me if Im wrong but does an x ring actually have an odd shaped o-ring?

Yes, from the side they both look like an O ... If you were to cut one and look at the cross section of it an "O-Ring" will still look like an O where the "X-Ring" cross section looks like an odd shaped X ...

O-Ring_X-Ring.gif

Yes, from the side they both look like an O ... If you were to cut one and look at the cross section of it an "O-Ring" will still look like an O where the "X-Ring" cross section looks like an odd shaped X ...

O-Ring_X-Ring.gif

Thanks for clearing that up. It is an x ring

Is the existing clip in bad condition? Why not reuse the clip but install it in the right direction?

Is the existing clip in bad condition? Why not reuse the clip but install it in the right direction?

When I pulled it appart this morning I found that the guy never press fit the link either and once I got the clip off I realized that it was stretched because it never seated in the groove on the chain. Plus like an idiot I bent the clip a bit getting it off

Trash it like you are planning! Not pres fitting a link on cost me $1500.

Trash it like you are planning! Not pres fitting a link on cost me $1500.

Holy hell $1500 does not sound like fun. Thank you very much for the heads up.