HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
motox-quadracer42

how well would this work together

5 posts in this topic

ok i have a 2001 honda 400EX with a 2002 XR650L motor it currently has a stage 1 hot cam in it but i have it all apart right now to replace some gears so i am putting new piston and rings in it as well i was looking at getting a 10.25:1 JE piston for it 102mm how do you all think this combo would be with the cam and piston? also what octane gas do you think i should run?

ok i have a 2001 honda 400EX with a 2002 XR650L motor it currently has a stage 1 hot cam in it but i have it all apart right now to replace some gears so i am putting new piston and rings in it as well i was looking at getting a 10.25:1 JE piston for it 102mm how do you all think this combo would be with the cam and piston? also what octane gas do you think i should run?

You def. will make good power. Just keep a good battery in for starting!

Definately run the highest octane from the pump, 91-92. I run 91(the highest I can find at the pump here in NV). You're just going to have to see if it detonates at all, under load, high heat, etc. May have to mix a little race fuel in.

i was thinking of trying 93 octane first and then try it with 93 and an octane booster and that would make it right around 100 octane what are your thoughts on the octane booster

Octane booster is ok to a point. If too much is mixed in, in MY theory it can actually slow down or delay excessively the combustion process. Someone correct me if i'm wrong please.. Which is kinda what it is supposed to do. It is added to help eliminate detonation, or pre-ignition. Too much of the stuff will make the A/F charge ignite too late in the process.

I would start highest pump gas you can get in your area and if that doesnt work go to a 25/75 mix with some quality race fuel. I would stay away from the octane boosters. Mixing 1 gal race fuel to 3/4 pump will cost no more and prolly give much better results. 10.25-1 shouldnt need more than 20/25% race fuel prolly.

Sounds like ALOT of fun i have an 02 400ex also.