HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Agent2

Another Edelbrock Problem / Solution?

7 posts in this topic

While riding this weeked my bike (650r) wouldn't idle down - had to blip the throttle for the RPM's to drop. Found out the pumper circuit rod was sticking. Pulled up the accordian boot, put a drop of lube on the shaft - problem solved. When I got home, disassembled and cleaned the carb just to make sure it wasen't a plugged vent. After reassembly, same problem. Again a drop of lube solved the problem. Anyone else have this problem with thier carb? Wondering if this is SOP for an Edelbrock.

While riding this weeked my bike (650r) wouldn't idle down - had to blip the throttle for the RPM's to drop. Found out the pumper circuit rod was sticking. Pulled up the accordian boot, put a drop of lube on the shaft - problem solved. When I got home, disassembled and cleaned the carb just to make sure it wasen't a plugged vent. After reassembly, same problem. Again a drop of lube solved the problem. Anyone else have this problem with thier carb? Wondering if this is SOP for an Edelbrock.

This seems to be a common problem, for what I believe to be (2) reasons:

- The throttle cables provided are a bit too short, and they bind VERY easily. Routing is critical.

- The return spring on the carb is not tight enought. It needs to be rotated one or two more turns, to make the carb 'snap' shut.

1 person likes this

This seems to be a common problem, for what I believe to be (2) reasons:

- The throttle cables provided are a bit too short, and they bind VERY easily. Routing is critical.

- The return spring on the carb is not tight enought. It needs to be rotated one or two more turns, to make the carb 'snap' shut.

The cables aren't the problem - when I had the carb on the workbench it was still sticking. I have heard about rotating the spring one more time, was wondering if that would overstress the spring, guess not. Any tips on how to do the spring mod without taking the top end of the carb apart?

The cables aren't the problem - when I had the carb on the workbench it was still sticking. I have heard about rotating the spring one more time, was wondering if that would overstress the spring, guess not. Any tips on how to do the spring mod without taking the top end of the carb apart?

You've got to remove the circlip to do it.

Thanks Krannie, I will check it out this weekend.

I know you like your 450, but if you aren't working you going to try to hit the TT Pig jamboree?

Thanks Krannie, I will check it out this weekend.

I know you like your 450, but if you aren't working you going to try to hit the TT Pig jamboree?

Hit the what, with the what now?

My BRP has suspension issues preventing it from seeing real off-road, till I tackle it (blown rear shock, under sprung front, etc). I have the parts, but not the time.

I am riding the X Presidents day weekend.

My pump would stick all the time. Last week I noticed that the bore of the pump still had rough machine lines in the aluminum. I used a Master cylinder hone to smooth it out... Pump is smooth as silk now.