HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ISBB

Lighting Stator

3 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if the stator will hold up to 2 50 watt lights?? I need more light for riding in the dunes and i have a pair of driving lights 50 watts each i just dont know if the stator can handle it.... any help??

You will be pushing the limits of what the stator is capable of...I did it for a ride or two when I got my Baja Designs kit....After a couple of night rides I was forced to upgrade the stator.

Bonzai :)

Ive got a electrex Wr stator kit for my yz400. They say that it puts out 130watts. I am running the Acerbis Blitz headlight. It has 2 35 watt bulbs stock. I upgraded it to 2 50 watt bulbs. It seems to handle this just fine. I also have a tailight / brake light running. Im also gonna be running electric grip warmers this winter. Although I might drop back one of the bulbs to 35watts just to be safe.

I think the newer wr's put out more wattage than the older ones. I think the new ones put out 130watts vs the older ones 98-99 models. bajadesigns had a diagram in there catalogue on what the different years put out. I dont have it in front of me at the moment.