WR Exhaust

Has anyone tried a Leovince slip-on or full system? I have an 07 WR450F with the Yamaha ais kit, ee hand guards, moose disc guard, boyseen quickshot and am ready to add a pipe. After reading the Dr.D thread, I do not want to have to loosen the header to change the oil. I am used to my low maintenece 2-stroke, no header in the way of the filter Ha ha. I am thinking of the leovince or a fmf system.

Has anyone tried a Leovince slip-on or full system? I have an 07 WR450F with the Yamaha ais kit, ee hand guards, moose disc guard, boyseen quickshot and am ready to add a pipe. After reading the Dr.D thread, I do not want to have to loosen the header to change the oil. I am used to my low maintenece 2-stroke, no header in the way of the filter Ha ha. I am thinking of the leovince or a fmf system.

The "Leovince" got a great write up in this month's Dirt Bike mag (quite and fast) however they say (and looks like) it drops even lower than the DR D blocking the water pump as well. I'm talking about the header here not the can or slip-on. Don't take my word on this check it out.

A riding buddy of mine got the DRD pipe aluminum (with stainless header) and I got the FMF Power Core Ti slip-on at the same time. His is a WR07 and mine an 06. The FMF has a 'deeper' sound and a touch louder, both pipes had the SA installed and neither had the quiet core insert. We did some impromptu roll on testing with both bikes being much quicker than before but pretty much equal power in the "real" world. The bikes were neck and neck for the 2/10's of a mile we had to play with. Sometimes he'd pull a bike length and sometimes I would. Jetting for both were nearly spot on. But I know for a fact I'll be faster out of the pits!:applause:

So why go through all the trouble messing with a header that's always in the way during maint. time for no real gain? Just 'cause so and so says it's the best? The FMF set-up is lighter, has the weight lower and more forward than the DRD set-up above (that's a very good thing!) and is an inch shorter so more protected. Power isn't the only consideration when buying an aftermarket exhaust. And my FMF Ti took quite a hit this last weekend and came out all smiles. Tweaked the heck out of my sub-frame and the FMF... well it's in one piece with no dents. IMHO so much for Ti being too weak for 'real' riders (crashers).

I have a White Brother XCR on mine and gives the bike more power in higher gears