HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WReckless

how much oil and what weight

5 posts in this topic

i just moved and my manual for my 2000 wr 400 is in storage i sank the bike this weekend and it ran under water for a few seconds i need to change the oil today to prevent any problems. can anyone with a manual handy please tell me the cc amount of oil i need or in any incrament. so i can change the oil. will automotive motor oil work. i usually used yamalube. but i have castol 5w30 at the house now.

Total oil capacity is 1.7L (1.8 USQT), 1.6L (1.7 USQT) with a filter change, 1.5L (1.6 USQT) with no filter change. You will get lots of recommendations for oil. Any prominent brand that is rated JASO MA will do just fine, I use Castrol ACT - EVO 20-50 in my '00 WR400.

1 person likes this

thank you creeky, i dropped my wr while trying and failing at a creek crossing yesterday and had to change my oil pronto.

thank you creeky, i dropped my wr while trying and failing at a creek crossing yesterday and had to change my oil pronto.

Been there, done that (my forum name has some significance here). After you have run the engine for a brief period, check the oil. If it looks milky, change it again.