how much oil and what weight

i just moved and my manual for my 2000 wr 400 is in storage i sank the bike this weekend and it ran under water for a few seconds i need to change the oil today to prevent any problems. can anyone with a manual handy please tell me the cc amount of oil i need or in any incrament. so i can change the oil. will automotive motor oil work. i usually used yamalube. but i have castol 5w30 at the house now.

Total oil capacity is 1.7L (1.8 USQT), 1.6L (1.7 USQT) with a filter change, 1.5L (1.6 USQT) with no filter change. You will get lots of recommendations for oil. Any prominent brand that is rated JASO MA will do just fine, I use Castrol ACT- EVO 20-50 in my '00 WR400.

thank you creeky, i dropped my wr while trying and failing at a creek crossing yesterday and had to change my oil pronto.

thank you creeky, i dropped my wr while trying and failing at a creek crossing yesterday and had to change my oil pronto.

Been there, done that (my forum name has some significance here). After you have run the engine for a brief period, check the oil. If it looks milky, change it again.

i bought enough oil to change three times and i'll get a filter later today its past due anyway!