Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tgstoken

650L rear fender extender?

9 posts in this topic

Hi guys. My 650L has a little problem with throwing all the mud/water that I ride on right up my back/neck/helmet. I am using the stock rear fender and a lo profile XR style tail light. Is there any product that can extend my fender rearward or bolt on under the stock fender and give me some protection? I am very tired of having a soaking wet, muddy back from every winter ride.

Hi guys. My 650L has a little problem with throwing all the mud/water that I ride on right up my back/neck/helmet. I am using the stock rear fender and a lo profile XR style tail light. Is there any product that can extend my fender rearward or bolt on and give me some protection? I am very tired of having a soaking wet, muddy back from every winter ride.

I think the stock tail fender has the best "roost" protection. My CRF 450 rear fender does a pretty good job also. Its just one of those things, its going to happen!

If there is a better solution, I'd like to know also.

We don't get as much rain as you do in Washington, but this mod helped with the occasional water crossings in NM. Its a MX fender for an XR600 and the Acerbis tail light is located so that the plate holder stops the mud/water from hitting my back.

221330081.jpg

I am thinking I may just end up hacking up a XR100 or XR80 fender and bolting it on directly underneath the stock fender. I dont want any extra lights or anything. I understand the plate holder idea, but for my type of riding (tight woods) it would get ripped off by a stick or limb.

I am thinking I may just end up hacking up a XR100 or XR80 fender and bolting it on directly underneath the stock fender. I dont want any extra lights or anything. I understand the plate holder idea, but for my type of riding (tight woods) it would get ripped off by a stick or limb.

Yea, I thought about the plate holder being torn off so I added a nylon machine bolt under the tail light and thru the fender.

091244141.jpg

I bet most of the mud is comming past the sides of the fender .......

what about getting some plastic and making the fender wider?

Plastic from a antifreeze bottle or somthing and screw it to the fender?

I remember they (ah-chair-of-bee's) use to make fender extensions for the front fenders

I use to take old conveyor belt and make front fenders for MTB's by zip tieng it to the down tube of the frame.....