Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hughes25

exhaust help

11 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm new to the xr world. I bought an 07 XR650L and was looking for an aftermarket exhaust to step up the power. Most of the info I have read about them ( Whitebros, Big gun , FMF , Pro Circuit ) all says the same stuff. Does anyone have any suggestions on what works well for them or what didn't work well?

I have not done any mods yet, but am planning to desnorkel, desmog, and rejet.

any suggestions would be greatly appreacated

Thank you

Ps. Most of the rideing around here is at 6000ft elevation

I like my WB E2 silencer. Sounds good and not too loud. Also you can grind the header welds down to help top end flow a bit.

1 person likes this

I like my WB E2 silencer. Sounds good and not too loud. Also you can grind the header welds down to help top end flow a bit.

I second that, the E2 has a nice sound without being loud.

I have an XR's Only system om my bike. Other than the welds, I like the exhaust. To me, it is not loud at all. I purchased the silent core with the pipe and found I did'nt need it.

I've got the FMF hi-flow header and Ti4 exhaust. Its way too loud... especially if you like to tear around on the streets, and sneak around in the woods. The "quiet core" does nothing but change the tone of the noxious noise being emitted from the @ss of the bike...

....but it does sound pretty nasty, and add to the rush when you've got the throttle pinned and your arms are being ripped out of your sockets :applause:

**I would change my can, but I dont have to money**

I have the XR's only slip on and really like it, I was wondering if the header will make that much difference.

Donkey08

I have an XR's Only system om my bike. Other than the welds, I like the exhaust. To me, it is not loud at all. I purchased the silent core with the pipe and found I did'nt need it.

Whats wrong with the welds? Pics?

I second that, the E2 has a nice sound without being loud.

I triple that i have a WB E2 on a 400ex and a WB E series with 12 discs on the L right now, Love em both and the E2 comes with a spark arrestor insert and that quiets the sound a bit but take it out for max air flow when you dont need the SA and your still not aggrivatinly noisy. There well made.