HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TahitianRed

2008 YZ450F Front Tires?

13 posts in this topic

The tracks I'm near tend to be intermediate and I can get a decent price on some D756RR's.

What type of terrain do you run the S-12 on?

The tracks I'm near tend to be intermediate and I can get a decent price on some D756RR's.

What type of terrain do you run the S-12 on?

The S-12 is a soft/mud terrain tire but I have found that it works very good in most other applications as well. It also lasts for a long time and continues to provide excellent traction when worn. The only time I will use something else is when I will be riding in very rocky areas as the S-12 will chunk up on rocks.

Gray mentioned the Dunlop 952 and that is very good wearing and versatile tire that I had excellent results with on my RM but the YZ doesn't handle like an RM250 (nothing does!) and I found that I got better results with the S-12.

If your running intermediate with some hard pack sections along with loam then run the dunlop 756 as it works in a variety of terrains. My track is sand/loam with hard pack underneath and the 756 works really well. If your intermediate to hard pack then the bridgestone 403 as it works better in the hard pack then the 401, although not as well as the 401 in the loam. Intermediate soil dunlop 745, maxxis IT. The dunlop 756 is probably the most versitle tire although not the longest lasting. If you get a good deal on the 756RR then go for it.

Stock Pirelli Scorpion MX Mid Soft 32. Have yet to test it out in the wet clay surface that covers most of the riding areas. Not too confident, given Pirelli tout it as a tire for "grass and dry terrain"