HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gbalias

post pics... 426 vs 450 subframe..

7 posts in this topic

can you guys post your pics of 03-05 450s ....

i need to see where the exhaust mounts on the subframe and the difference between the 426 subframe.

id like to fit a 450 exhaust to a 426.

thanks guys. :busted:

That can be done. It's easiest with a pipe like the FMF Ti4/Factory4, where the muffler is a slip fit to the mid pipe, ane the muffler hanger itself is a sliding band clamp that can be put anywhere it happens to fit best. The two bikes are actually different, but not very much.

ah. i thought the canister mount was the same and the midpipe/subframe mount was the one that was in a different location. in which case i could easily machine a bracket for it.

i wish i knew someone who had a 450 of that year to put the bikes side by side and take some measurements.

hows the fitment of the head pipe? 426/450 interchangeable?

ah. i thought the canister mount was the same and the midpipe/subframe mount was the one that was in a different location. in which case i could easily machine a bracket for it.

hows the fitment of the head pipe? 426/450 interchangeable?

I believe the header is functionally interchangeable. There are a number of old posts on this subject you might search for, as I recall. I think that whether the muffler hanger or the midpipe lug are "the problem" depends on which bolt you put in first. As I understand it, they aren't far off.

cool thanks.

i did a search but didnt find much on the header.

i guess ill get an exhaust and off to the mill i go! ill let you know what happens when its done.