post pics... 426 vs 450 subframe..

can you guys post your pics of 03-05 450s ....

i need to see where the exhaust mounts on the subframe and the difference between the 426 subframe.

id like to fit a 450 exhaust to a 426.

thanks guys. :busted:

That can be done. It's easiest with a pipe like the FMF Ti4/Factory4, where the muffler is a slip fit to the mid pipe, ane the muffler hanger itself is a sliding band clamp that can be put anywhere it happens to fit best. The two bikes are actually different, but not very much.

ah. i thought the canister mount was the same and the midpipe/subframe mount was the one that was in a different location. in which case i could easily machine a bracket for it.

i wish i knew someone who had a 450 of that year to put the bikes side by side and take some measurements.

hows the fitment of the head pipe? 426/450 interchangeable?

ah. i thought the canister mount was the same and the midpipe/subframe mount was the one that was in a different location. in which case i could easily machine a bracket for it.

hows the fitment of the head pipe? 426/450 interchangeable?

I believe the header is functionally interchangeable. There are a number of old posts on this subject you might search for, as I recall. I think that whether the muffler hanger or the midpipe lug are "the problem" depends on which bolt you put in first. As I understand it, they aren't far off.

cool thanks.

i did a search but didnt find much on the header.

i guess ill get an exhaust and off to the mill i go! ill let you know what happens when its done.

Bear in mind that the exhaust for the early steel 450 is the one that nearly fits. The '06+ models aren't even close.

yep.....03-05 .....

the steelies. hehehe.