HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Knowledge seeker

Front end annoying clunk

4 posts in this topic

I resprung my bike with eibach springs. When I replaced the fork ones I used the top & bottom ring caps that came with the stock ones as per eibach instructions. After the swap I've noticed that when I get on it, lock the front brake, & push down there's a very annoying clunk followed by a spring compressing sound which the stock springs didn't have. Has anyone had this before?. Thanks in advance.

Just had mine resprung and revalved by a local suspension guy. I had the same complaint you did, he said on the xr they really dont have a centering device like the newer bikes and the new springs were .5mm narrower than the stock ones( I think thats what he said, hes an engineer and rambled off a lot of numbers). So he said it was the only springs still being offered that he could find(racetech). On mine, before I even put them in you could hear the springs rattling around inside the forks. Also it sounded like a really noisy bed springs when you compress them. I have put about 50 street miles on them and the noise is going away. You probably wont be able to get rid of all the noise though.