Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
biznet1

Just traded for the 06

5 posts in this topic

I spent a year off of any bikes to heal after a bad crash thinking I was done with MX. Since there is a close correlation between MX and crack, I bought a 07 KX250 but I was not satisfied with the power. I traded even for an 06YZ FO-FIDDY and I am very impressed with this bike. It handles better, has the power I was missing and I actually can turn more laps with it than the KX. The Kawi was "extra" maintenance free but I was a bit too heavy for it. Anyway, it's actually a comfort to back on blue because they are notoriously reliable bikes, and it handles much better than my old 426 and my 06CRF450. I'm stoked and motivated again. It seems that Yami has tackled the old handling issues that many complained about.

I spent a year off of any bikes to heal after a bad crash thinking I was done with MX. Since there is a close correlation between MX and crack, I bought a 07 KX250 but I was not satisfied with the power. I traded even for an 06YZ FO-FIDDY and I am very impressed with this bike. It handles better, has the power I was missing and I actually can turn more laps with it than the KX. The Kawi was "extra" maintenance free but I was a bit too heavy for it. Anyway, it's actually a comfort to back on blue because they are notoriously reliable bikes, and it handles much better than my old 426 and my 06CRF450. I'm stoked and motivated again. It seems that Yami has tackled the old handling issues that many complained about.

Welcome back Biznet1!

I was wondering about the newer 450YZ's (power, handling,etc.), and possibly snagging a leftover new '06 if they're anywhere to be found.

I did the same thing, but went right to 07 YZ450:thumbsup:

I knew better than to own a KX...lol:naughty:

Welcome Back!

Cool bro. I took a break for a while. 5 years actually. Was in the military and had no need for it. I know about your addiction. It eats away at you. I ended up buying my old bike back, was a 2001 CR250, well the same year atleast and completely restored it to like new. Actually had people come up to me asking if it was brand new. Needless to say I had to bust my ass trying to keep up with the 450's. So I got me a 07 YZ450 like your 06 as well...So much easier to go fast on. My 2stroke would light my arm pump up quicker than sh$t. I don't get any arm pump with the yami and is tons faster.:busted: