Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
enriquefromhonduras

white bros. exhaust stuffing mines empty,.........

10 posts in this topic

If no one answers you I would check out the White Bros web site for info. I looked at their pipes (don't run one) and it seems they do have packing. Also I was able to download and print info on the pipe. Good luck. :)

I had mine repacked by a vendor at the Loretta Lynns GNCC..I know for a fact that he used his own packing...It was even a little quieter.

I wouldn't worry about the FMF packing.

Bonzai :)

My white bros. pipe(e-series) came with packing. Any packing should work in the pipe, and it will quiet the bike down.

I have a White Bros. E-series. It has packing around a metal mesh inside the pipe. White Bros. has a "quiet core" insert that replaces the stock unit, and never needs packing. I have only seen it in catalogs. Maybe this is what you have.

I did mine recently. Use stainless steel wool, fine grade. It can be bought from Car-McMaster. Do a search, they are an industrial supply company. Sorry, I dont't have their web site an hand. BTW good improvement in noise reduction.

I used to have to repack my FMF Megamax II every few weeks- what a pain! I put stainless steel wool in it about 6-8 months ago and the packing is still as good as new. I highly recommend it.