HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GENE426

Price for a new piston/Ring job

12 posts in this topic

What is a decent Price for a new piston/Ring job on a 04 YZ450?

I fig ring and piston kit is $150...So what should i expect to pay for labor on this?

It costs about 3 hours of your life.

Seriously, if you have a manual, you may be better off just doing it yourself, especially if you know someone that can help you do it. The manual guides you through it very well, and there are many good posts on TT that help too.

1 person likes this

I just paid $220 for piston, rings, all new valves, and cam chain install. I wanted to do the work myself, but I don't have the eye for what all was wrong inside. I think I got a pretty sweet deal for a Yamaha tech.

1 person likes this

I'm scared to do it

I will be worring for a month if I did it right.

I'm a Contractor and do alot of trades but just scared to try that...

Have you ever done a two stroke top end? If you have then you really shouldn't worry because it is pretty much the same. If you haven't done a two stroke top end before, then you may want to have someone who has help you the first time. It really isn't that hard to do if you take your time and follow the manual.

Turn down an opportunity to learn something...??? Piece of cake....Its not nuclear science, take your time amd enjoy it..I like to drink beer when I work on my bike, it makes it fun..

..I like to drink beer when I work on my bike, it makes it fun..

I hope your joking. :busted:

1 person likes this

Turn down an opportunity to learn something...??? Piece of cake....Its not nuclear science, take your time amd enjoy it..I like to drink beer when I work on my bike, it makes it fun..

Now thats funny.....

i like Beer too but i pretty sure not when I'm fig out a top end

LOL :busted::worthy::ride::blah: :blah: :cry:

i got mine done at the local dealer a 125 2 stroke and altogether it was $500 Aus and my mate got his exc250 done and it was around $1000. so it was double for a 4 stroke.

funny...it makes me make mistakes and then I end up :busted: