Best Spark Arrestor For 2008 YZ450F?

Which spark arrestor works well with the 2008 YZ450F?

Sorry about the thumbs down icon, it looked like a question mark. LOL It may be time for glasses.

I'm not sure there is one that will directly fit the '08 exhaust yet. If there is, Pro Billet probably makes it. The only other alternative I can think of is a full system like the DRD Stainless w/Sparky, or cruising the want ads for a stock '06-'07 muffler that you could add a Pro Billet to.

you can probably buy a standard cone spark arrestor like the one from BBR and adapt it to your muffler. I did that to a couple of mufflers from a kx250f and a yz450f. You'll need a drill, rivet gun, rivets, a hacksaw, a six pack of beers, and a couple hours to do it. That way the spark arrestor will only cost you under $20 vs. spending more than $100 on the pro moto billet one.

What you have to worry about with cobbed together stuff like that, even though you and I both know it will work, is getting the Rangers in your jurisdiction to buy into it without a stamp saying "USFS Approved..."

What you have to worry about with cobbed together stuff like that, even though you and I both know it will work, is getting the Rangers in your jurisdiction to buy into it without a stamp saying "USFS Approved..."

my experience with the rangers has been that they only check for the "presence" of a spark arrestor, and if they don't see the "USFS" stamp they have a little wire of a particular thickness that they insert between the holes of the screen to determine if the screen holes are of the appropriate size. In fact, those two spark arrestors that I bought were purchased at the convenience store within Carnegie OHV park. They told a friend of mine that his muffler on the kx250f didn't have a spark arrestor and that he could just purchase one at that said store and ride without any further trouble. That was my first experience in the matter, I in fact had to do the whole job there at the park with borrowed tools from the same store, pretty interesting actually. So when I got a yz450f stock muffler for my WR I already knew what to do and ended up buying another spark arrestor from the same store.

Thanks for the info! I decided to order a DR.D Ti system because it comes standard with the A/R.

Kinda crappy to have to buy a complete system to ride on public land. I wasn't going to get another brand of A/R silencer slip-on, because I knew I would end up with the DR.D exhaust later and you can't just add the screen and end cap to the 2008 mechanical muffler. Oh well, I'm already learning the price of modern technology. LOL