HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dingus

New 2006 YZ450F

5 posts in this topic

I've already ridden red, but my local dealer has a new 2006 YZ450F that I can get a deal on.

I haven't followed Yamaha in the past - Are there any known issues with this model that I should know of?

Thanks!!!

I've already ridden red, but my local dealer has a new 2006 YZ450F that I can get a deal on.

I haven't followed Yamaha in the past - Are there any known issues with this model that I should know of?

Thanks!!!

my 2cents: :busted:

no real mechanical issues - some change the Cam Chain after 30-50hrs due to stretching. There have been a few failures

Stock Bar bend is too low, chain is junk - typical Yamaha

Some complain of turning 06/07 - and front wheel washing out and not sticking in ruts - Tires and clamps can fix 90% of this

Best motor from the 06-08 series powerwise.

Stock suspension is really good unless you are over 200lbs then it will need springs and/or revalve

very very reliable valvetrain - typical Yamaha

Yup, get a new chain before you even ride it once. This will make the sprockets last a long time. Other than that, just change things for personal preference to make it fit you better (bar bend, tall seat, pegs, etc)

Thanks!!!

Where do live in Indiana?