HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ToXicD

For the True Endurance Rider!!

22 posts in this topic

or i guess just anyone who enjoys very long rides without having to worry about running out of fuel!!! I am not sure if anyone has seen this before, but i have seen many photos on this forum of your guys' bikes and have yet to see this on one of them so i figured i would let everyone check it out if they havnt already.

http://item.express.ebay.com/Sahara-Tank-Under-Seat-Tank-Seat-Honda-XR650R-2000-2008_W0QQitemZ260191311322QQihZ016QQcmdZExpressItem

I guess it would be cool if you lived in a faraway place with limited fueling options .. But I would hate to pick that bike back up with 60+ Lbs. of fuel placed up high like that:eek:

i agree, not very practical but i read about people going all over the world to do these really crazy rides and i figured it would be great for someone who goes to like africa or any other third world country that doesnt have an exxon and starbucks on every street corner :busted:

I've no personal experience with this, but I've read that the underseat tank is (was?) prone to cracking. The horror story told is about riders looking down between their legs to discover their pig has become a two-wheeled fireball.

But like you said, a few folks appear to put them to good use traversing some of the most forbidden parts of the globe. I'd like to see feedback from some folks who have put those tanks through some rough use.

can no do long rides, butt gets sore, tummy get hungry, gotta pee, maybe a bit chilly, damn i'm gettin old...

I think I'd rather get the little trailer and tow me sum 5gal jug's.

Martin showed a link to a MC trailer, it had a shock and all looked wacko

can no do long rides, butt gets sore, tummy get hungry, gotta pee, maybe a bit chilly, damn i'm gettin old...

Yea Denn10,I could look wacko , Motosprtman LOL I get the same way,jus stand up more,carry grub,ain't got fix for the pee thing,and run heated grip's and vest,I'm getting OLD too

The website is www.trailtail.com.....I know because I have been dreaming of doing portions of the TAT and this trailer looks pretty cool.

For more $$ you can even get a fiberglass box/cover to maximize the amount of storage.

attachment.php?attachmentid=7085&d=1202228543

main_1.jpeg

The website is www.trailtail.com.....I know because I have been dreaming of doing portions of the TAT and this trailer looks pretty cool.

For more $$ you can even get a fiberglass box/cover to maximize the amount of storage.

attachment.php?attachmentid=7085&d=1202228543

Any idea what that thing costs? I clicked around on their site and it doesn't look like they have pricing.

That's a perfect alternative to this form of carrying stakes:

207327719.jpg

Any idea what that thing costs? I clicked around on their site and it doesn't look like they have pricing.

That's a perfect alternative to this form of carrying stakes:

207327719.jpg

It is pricey...but from what I have heard works well and these guys are riders...not some big company.

IIRC the base unit is $600 or $650. Not sure if that is U.S. Dollars or Canadian Dollars. The fiberglass box is extra.

It is pricey...but from what I have heard works well and these guys are riders...not some big company.

IIRC the base unit is $600 or $650. Not sure if that is U.S. Dollars or Canadian Dollars. The fiberglass box is extra.

They could sell a ton of these trailers to D37.

They could sell a ton of these trailers to D37.

I was personally thinking of putting the TeraFlex sitting in my garage on that trailer. :busted:

Hmmm...group buy?

Seen those trailer and they look quite awesome! But IMO i bought the R because i want to be able to go&do anywhere and those trailers would put some of a damper on that? although it is debateable...

What about a single tanke that can take 7-9gal or +-33L? Anyone know of something like that?

If you have to ride you have to ride - Chefron has got us all by the B#@$s...

Filling up at every street corner is what im trying to avoid

Anyone heard of Safari tanks? Think its a AUS company?

I've no personal experience with this, but I've read that the underseat tank is (was?) prone to cracking. The horror story told is about riders looking down between their legs to discover their pig has become a two-wheeled fireball.

I've read that rumor too.

Too the best I've been able to find out, that "story" supposedly happened to one guy in Africa, & it's been re-told over-n-over by someone in the U.K.. If it's really a prolific problem, I'd be interested in hearing about it 1st hand from more than 1 person.

It's interesting that Acerbis has been making that tank for roughly 8 years & all of a sudden splitting is an issue. ...Of course, maybe it it an issue now 'cause the tanks have been used for ~8 years & the plastics "dryed out"? :smirk:

Whatever the case, it'd be nice to hear about a supposed "problem" from more than 1 source - which is always the same story over & over again.