Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rbn14

YZ450 rear brake caliper

7 posts in this topic

So its a long story but I am looking to replace the rear brake caliper on my 07 wr450. There are quite a few on ebay for a pretty decent price but they are yz parts. The part numbers vary slightly (WR- 1C3-2580W-70-00 YZ- 1C3-2580W-51-00) for the entire assembly but all the individual brake components seam to have the same numbers (pistons, seal kit, etc). The only part that they dont show a part number for, which could be the reason they are different is the mount. Anyone have any additional info? Many thanks.

yz = wave rotor

wr = regular rotor

I believe everything is interchangeable - mounts look identical - I find many of the parts have different numbers yet are identical.

So its a long story but I am looking to replace the rear brake caliper on my 07 wr450. There are quite a few on ebay for a pretty decent price but they are yz parts. The part numbers vary slightly (WR- 1C3-2580W-70-00 YZ- 1C3-2580W-51-00) for the entire assembly but all the individual brake components seam to have the same numbers (pistons, seal kit, etc). The only part that they dont show a part number for, which could be the reason they are different is the mount. Anyone have any additional info? Many thanks.

Yes. They are interchangeable.

.......... bahhh :busted:

Yes. They are interchangeable.

.......... bahhh :busted:

Excelent, how did you find that out?

I believe the pads are different... a different compound. This would explain the need for a different part number for the different bikes..even though the caliper is the same.

Doesn't this drive you nuts? These changes for no real reason.

I have bought several calipers and hangers for different bikes. To make a long story short, almost all of the modern stuff will interchange....brand be dammed.

I crossed referenced a few more part numbers. It looks pad kit part numbers are the difference. I sure hope thats all cause I just bought a 06 yz250 caliper!